Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thur. Mini Salmon Report

Fished from 5:15 - 10:45. Caught about a dozen first year salmon and 1 nice 21" porky Laker. The salmon were 10-12" so they're growing fast but even my son didn't want to bother reeling in the little guys by the end of the day, at least he got to haul in the laker. Surprisingly 1 of the salmon was already badly hook damaged and I didn't improve his condition with my hookup but had to release him. Orange/black dot small Guide Special caught the most, followed by plain brass Mooselook wobbler, and Chev Chase Gov. Aiken took the laker and a couple salmon. 8 fish on riggers 35' (ball) about 32' for lure and 5 fish on leadcore including the laker at 6-7 colors. Surface water 64-67F. Many big fish were slurping something (mayflies ?) on the surface.

Re: Thur. Mini Salmon Report

Could you post a general area you were fishing so others can avoid the area loaded with smaller fish? Just a thought.

Spike

Re: Thur. Mini Salmon Report

CaptSpike
Could you post a general area you were fishing so others can avoid the area loaded with smaller fish? Just a thought.

Spike

I caught 1 small salmon up by the Broads, Welch, Sandy Island area. Moved and caught a few and the laker down by Black Point. Went looking for bigger fish at a new spot for me but found a hungry school of more small ones around the the south end of Rattlesnake. I couldn't tell you where the big salmon were/are, maybe stuffing themselves with mayflies.