Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Advice Please

I'm only in my 2nd season of trolling but I can offer a few tips I wish I knew when I first started. Like several previous replies you should go to AJ's and he will give great advice and has the equipment you need. Buy a rubber net to avoid injuring the salmon (nylon nets scrape off their scales) and other fish during capture. Get some flashers, which are set of spinning blades attached to the downrigger ball, to attract fish to your lure(AJ has them). The book Angling In The Smile of the Great Spirit by Harold C. Lyon has a lot of info on lures, depths, species, and methods for Winnipesaukee from many local master fishermen (including AJ), cost $25. You can find most of the info in the book free on this site if you do specific searches in the posts but you'll have to sort through some irrelevant stuff. If you have Cannon or similar pinch pad releases replace them with Roemer or Chamberlain releases, I wasted 3 weeks and almost went nuts trying to get pressure right on the pinch pads. The Roemers and Chamberlain are easier, more accurate, and repeatable for adjusting release pressure. Best of Luck.

Another good release are the blacks, very easy to use, twist line 3-5 times put in, close and away you go. I love em!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Great advice give here. One of the comments triggered a question in me as well. How far should your lures ride behind the streamers? I normally put the lures farther away from the weight but I'm not sure how to handle the streamers.

Reminds me of myself only a few years ago...where do you fish out of? I am 19 years old and started asking questions on the site just like you so I'd be more than willing to bring you out if I am around when you are up.

Joe C

Hi, Joe
That would be great! I am up at the lake now, and will be through the 4th of july. And will be up after that hopefully a couple more times. let me know when you are up and maybe we can work somthing out.
Thanks,
Cody

Shoot me a text...my number is 781-521-4455