Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4th of July fishing report

"Easy Ed" and I joined the "Judge" on his beautiful Grady White today.Lines in at 5:30 and out at 10:00. Polish sausage and shrimp was served.
We caught three fat 3yr old salmon and three lakers. The first laker, 4+#, came on 7 colors of lead on a fly. The rest came on shiners, 10' behind vert. & horz. blades, 42' to 49'.

Happy Independence Day!

Salty

Re: 4th of July fishing report

Nice way to spend 4'th of July forenoon, for RFPs or anyone. Did you get off the lake before the boat traffic picked up?
Thanks for the report.
Richard

They were out early, but not in full force. A few cruisers got a little close, and one racing boat did Meredith Bay in about 7 seconds. I would say a tad over the 45mph speed limit.

Salty

Hey Salty, Are you running a single hook up through the lips on the shiners or rigging them? When I use them (on leadcore) with locally sold rigs they tend to spin, but I often lose bait and fish when using the single hook.

Just a single hook and a very light drag.

Salty

Are you still able to keep the shiners alive long? Was hoping to try on my vacation but doubt they will last long. Ever freeze them?

I buy them in the evening and put them in the fridge. Haven't used frozen ones, but have caught fish on a few dead ones.

Salty

The leftover livebait Salty filets. Nothing goes to waste in the "White House".
Cal

And all this time he told me those were shrimp!!!