Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Misc

Been fishing everyday hard from 5:00 am to 12:00
or 1:00, mixed results, will report later, but over all "May Fly's, in July" have slowed everything pretty bad.

Cell phone took a swim before vacation, bought a Blackberry, it does everything but make phone calls in NH, Sprint s----s in NH. Finally had to buy a few Verizon phones for the camp and lake to communicate.

I had planned to forward my calls from Sprint to my Verizon when in NH, however now I find Sprint charges for this each call, ugh. So I will leave a message on my home and Sprint home, "if no answer, probably at the lake, call 603-412-2416"

Reports later,

Big John

Re: Misc

Can't you get a blackberry through your verizon account? That is what I have and it works "OK" around Squam. Not going to lie and tell you it works great, but it's not as bad as it was back in the day.

Re: Misc

Tom (from Michigan)
Can't you get a blackberry through your verizon account? That is what I have and it works "OK" around Squam. Not going to lie and tell you it works great, but it's not as bad as it was back in the day.

I have a Sprint contract til January and Verizon is about 30.00 more a month for me, I get Sprint, unlimited everything, for 69.00 a month. The Verizon plan I went with for NH is el-cheapo, .99 a day, and only if I use it, so 2 or 3 days a week it wont be bad for better communications when in NH. Then .10 a minuet for calls, for Verizon to Verizon calls, no charge at all.

Weird thing is I can text, e mail, intetnet, etc. no matter where I am in NH on my Sprint, just can't use it as a phone most places I go. So when in NH I have to carry two phones now, lol.

Took a day off from "first light", still sitting here in my camp at 8:20 wishing I went out earlier this morning, I will fish today yet ??? Did not line anyone up for fishing today or the weekend as I had a feeling fishing would be slow and an early end to the vacation might be in store.

A Squam report will be coming, but not much to report excpet it's a good place to stay away from, lol. I heard Winni is slow now too, but not as bad as Squam.

Next year we will not take a July vacation up here, maybe the Cape or a different week, slow fishing for 2 or 3 days (weekends) I'm used to, 7 to 10 days in a row is harder to deal with.

Big John