Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sun eve report

Only fished about 2 hours 6 - 8ish trolled barndoor area to alton bay and the action was fast. Lost a very hard fighting 5+ laker at the boat- I let the line slack when reaching for net and he shook off- @%$#. Boated 2 salmon 18 and 19" and a very nice 20 1/2" light colored rainbow. I kept the rainbow since it was a bleeder and its stomach was empty (suprising since it was a chubby looking trout). Was trolling wonderbread top gun at 6 colors and orange gold DB at 9 colors (both smeared with Bioedge Smelt) All fish came on the DB. Every time I set that line it was screaming spool within minutes.

Re: Sun eve report

nice!

sounds like fun!

Spent the day on "tessie" sunday with my son. fished from the mouth of Alton to rattlesnake and back, boated 8 quality fish 2 lakers, 3 rainbow, 3 salmon. all released to fight again. caught all on both downrigger 30' with black and purple db and on 6-8 colors of leadcore with black and orange db, guide specials. Great day.

Of the few spons we use these days, Orange Gold DB is what I call my "Big Fish Spoon", it's a homeade vtape job, dark orange top with gold tiger stripes and a gold scale belly. I also have a Hot Pink Silver belly version, another killer spoon.

Glad to hear fish are still biting a little on Winni, Squam has been slower than slow for 6 weeks or more, **** May Fly's and bait pods like we have never seen before. All this bait a 2 edged sword I suppose.

Big John
"Who plans more pool side than The Barge this month".