Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mon fishing report

L Square (Larry and Lisa) fished with me on the Peggy "C" today. We had a very good day out there. Most fish came on shiners on the riggers, but got a few on orange orange and the white perch fly on lead core at 8 colors Several 3 yr old salmon, and two 4yr old salmon, and about a half dozen "swamp donkies". Larry and Lisa had doubles, and Larry's was a 4 yr old, Lisa fought her fish for a long time on the lead core, but it broke the leader. 41' on the riggers was best, but got a few a little deeper as the sun got higher.
Radio wasn't working today if anyone was trying to get us. Saw "Gray Ghost" and crew and talked to him on the cell. They got some nice fish as well.

Salty

Re: Mon fishing report

If it's not top secret information, what's your boat speed when trolling the shiners?

1.6 to 1.8 as that's as slow as I could go.

Salty

Thanks for the speed info. I just ordered a couple of bigger sea anchors to slow my boat hopefully below 2.0 mph or less. It seems the live bait is taking more and larger salmon so I gotta try it. Right now the slowest I can go is 2.25 into the wind and chop so I just fish lures and streamers.

Hey Salty, If you dont mind me asking- are you running the perch fly with any dodger/flash on the leadcore? Thanks Joe

Hey Winnie Troller just an FYI. Slower usually is better for the bait but not totally crucial. I fished the bait off two rods in June and lures off two others. It is a challenge to find lures that operate at slow 1.5mph speeds so when I switched over to lures that required higher speeds I caught just as many on the bait trolling at 2.0 - 2.4 Mph. TH bags will help you slow down. Just make sure to run one on each side.

I was running the fly off the boards, and was not using a dodger or flasher, just the fly.

Salty