Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mon fishing report

If it's not top secret information, what's your boat speed when trolling the shiners?

1.6 to 1.8 as that's as slow as I could go.

Salty

Thanks for the speed info. I just ordered a couple of bigger sea anchors to slow my boat hopefully below 2.0 mph or less. It seems the live bait is taking more and larger salmon so I gotta try it. Right now the slowest I can go is 2.25 into the wind and chop so I just fish lures and streamers.

Hey Salty, If you dont mind me asking- are you running the perch fly with any dodger/flash on the leadcore? Thanks Joe

Hey Winnie Troller just an FYI. Slower usually is better for the bait but not totally crucial. I fished the bait off two rods in June and lures off two others. It is a challenge to find lures that operate at slow 1.5mph speeds so when I switched over to lures that required higher speeds I caught just as many on the bait trolling at 2.0 - 2.4 Mph. TH bags will help you slow down. Just make sure to run one on each side.

I was running the fly off the boards, and was not using a dodger or flasher, just the fly.

Salty