(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Winni Rookie Report - skunked

HammerFish
Thanks John, the sonar/gps is first on my list, hopefully by next Spring. In the meantime, I've been going more and more with streamers per the advice that they are a little less speed sensitive (relative to a spoon anyway). I do look forward to a seat on the Barge again someday soon but I'm on baby duty this weekend. BTW, I was out waterskiing last night on the little lake and saw the the Barge in non-fishing mode. Looked like folks were having a nice time but didn't see you. If you were there, I was the Lund buzzing by (at a safe distance, of course) towing the kids (big and little).

That would be my son Richard (the only non-fisherman son) is up on vacation, only time the Barbie gets used,lol. We have a 21' Supra (ski boat) in-board like new that we keep in the boat house that he normally uses, but once in a while he likes the Barge, he's getting a little older (40sh) and his daughter is too young to water ski yet.

Any time you're able, don't hesitate to ask, always looking for partners this time of year.

I'm covered for Saturday now, but always an extra seat on the Barge, good bite or not, love to have guys on that like to talk fishing.

That is your best bet, GPS/SONAR first, then the rest, streamers can be used at any speed under 4 mph, have fun.

Big John

For what its worth, I was talking with a marine patrol officer once about the 150' rule and people's disregard for it or inability to know how far it really is. He told me as a rule of thumb, to someone with average eyesight 3" block boat numbers are distinguishable up to 150'. If you can read the numbers, you are inside 150'.

Weekender
For what its worth, I was talking with a marine patrol officer once about the 150' rule and people's disregard for it or inability to know how far it really is. He told me as a rule of thumb, to someone with average eyesight 3" block boat numbers are distinguishable up to 150'. If you can read the numbers, you are inside 150'.

Good to know, we had another wild weekdend on Squam with the Yahoos, getting bad. They dont like slower boats like mine and pass no matter where or how close.

Big John