Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Johns Report with Pic's

Took Mother in Law out Saturday afternoon, she caught a very thin 5 year old, how it survived so long in the lake I don't know, we have badly hook wounded fish too in Squam, this one will not shpw up in the nets thios fall... about 21" less than 3 pounds.

She's happy with 1 fish every two or three weeks, then she don't need a fix for a while. Luckily every time I take her out on a mission to fish (every 2 or 3 weeks) we catch one, I wake her up and let her reel in the last 50 feet or so praying it's not a big one, lol.

Her biggest I think is 4.5 Bow this spring I think, what a time that was, big squall came in, boat spinning around, nobody at the wheel both my wife and I trying to hold her up, net the fish, etc. HUGE cluster, lost 3 lead core rigs, **** good thing I had the Digitrol IV's would have lost 2 balls too, but we didn't loose her or the Bow, lol.

But she had a HUGE smile on her face afterwards, I'm hoping some day I have enough people on board that I can do a video. You can't believe how excited she gets when there is a fish on and she's reeling it in and it don't stop there. Once in the boat she panics it's going to jump back in or I'll loose it in the net, she practically sits on it.

One is enough each time, my wife and I are both frazzled by the time it's in the box, I can't believe how we always seem to get one for her, even when it's real slow. And no I will not take her out fishing as my good luck charm, too stressful, she gives me orders, tells me how fast to go, etc, etc. unless she falls asleep, which aint that often.

Photobucket

Photobucket

John S.

Re: Big Johns Report with Pic's

Thanks Mac, some day I'll have to learn how to post photos.

Big John

You're a good man John to do that for your mother-in-law. She sure doesn't look a day over 70, especially sporting those red finger nails!
Cal

She's very vain, for 95 (this September) she buys all those wrinkle creams on TV and ask "how do I look, are my wrinkles going away" ha,ha. She's in great health, just very not very steady on her legs.

Loves to fish, not at all like her daughter.

Big John

Think its really cool that you take the time to bring her out so often, and have the patience (endurance) to help her get 'em on the boat. She should be an inspiration for so many who are 10 or 20 yrs younger and sit home in a rocking chair, afraid to go out and live.

Also nice to see a fish boated in the afternoon...
Thanks for sharing!