Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Fishin'

I have been out a lot lately and have been to a lot of different water bodies!

I have been on Sunapee a few times in the past week with very little luck on the Salmon... The laker bite has been okay for us. Slow trolling Suttons out in front of the state beach. We hooked up with what was thought to be a big salmon while trolling Hedgehog but after a nice fight and a screaming reel the rod went limp and I was about to cry when my client said it was the best feeling he had ever had fishing!!

I took my cousin and his buddy up to Champ for a day of fishing and had a pretty good day. Our biggest laker was NOT a WoodsNWater laker but a healthy 8 pounder.

I fished south of valcour and over the humps in between Valcour and Stave. We picked up 8 shakers, 2 small browns, 3 decent lakers and a 2 salmon about 20". All fish came anywhere from 60-75' on the riggers or 10 colors of lead. On Champ I have pretty much decided that suttons and BB Guns are my go to! I have done OKAY on Chappy's but those are the Winni Weapon!

The Winni Bite for me has been solid for the Kool-Aid. Fished the other day for lakers between 1-3 mile and did fairly well picking up 5-6 lakers in a couple hours. It was a mid day trip - sun was high and the boat traffic was high! Sutton silver/copper deep was producing for me, along with the Sexy Smelt Chappys Guide.

The Stripers are hitting hard! I have had some great days "off" down on the salt! Big Striper is 44" for my boat but hopefully we will beat it soon! Good reports are coming from Cpt. Pat (Roff Rafta) and Cpt. Matty!

More exciting news (to me) I was able to trade a trip and get my truck and boat lettered up! Dave of Diamond Signs was able to hook me up and what a great job he did!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry if this is long but I haven't posted in a while!

Go get em'

Cody Dodds
603-667-1651
www.koolaidcharters.com

Re: Good Fishin'

Cody the area where you were fishing is the same area we had the salmon and browns pretty much die on us. We were catching them 55 to 82 feet down. The did not bleed and we lost several. I believe it was due to water temperture. Did you have any issues with the salmon's you released? Roland

The shakers all went back fine, as did the lake trout. We did harvest one laker and one salmon. The other salmon and browns seemed to be okay... A little more of an effort to get them going for me but eventually they did kick.

One issue I did have was the weeds! I was really struggling with them!

-Cody

Cody

Diamond Dave does all our work here WMC. Dave did my hull numbers on my boat when I bought it. The Grady did well on the cod last saturday.....text or call I will fill you in.

See ya

C.C.