Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Navionics Maps

Has anyone used these maps? If so which version did you purchase. I have a humminbird 587i gpssonar combo.

Re: Navionics Maps

Joe Such
Has anyone used these maps? If so which version did you purchase. I have a humminbird 587i gpssonar combo.

They are super, like American Express "don't leave home without one", most all the guys use them.

They have aeveral optional chips, Platinum from what I can see aint worth it, I've seen it on some high end units a few years back and don't have much good to say about it, maybe they are better now ?????????

Most of us use the Premium East chip, 2008 vintage on, don't use earlier than 2008 chip, it does not have high def on some of our lakes (Squam for one) Make sure you get the latest software update for your unit, I know Lowrance comes out with a new update sometimes twice a year, not sure about Hummingbird.

You will be pleasently surprised when you see what the Premium East chip can show you.

Big John

I use the Gold? (which I think they call Premium now) 2008 version of the East Region Lakes. It's my first map set so I can't really compare it to anything but it seems very accurate for Winnipesaukee so far (2 years trolling and ice fishing). Just a couple areas that don't quite match up with sonar, sounder readings but they're not way off and the bottom might be throwing it off. There is a small distinct mound (maybe 25 yds across) marked on the map off Welch's Island which I thought might produce some lakers but no how many times I go over it, it's just not there. Other than that I think the Winni map is good. I go thru the Graves channel, 75 yds +/- wide, many times before sunup and the GPS is always right on, no missing or dinged props. I have a Lowrance 522c gps/sonar.

I think I will bite on this one. Maybe it will make my trips to squam less fustrating. Thanks for all the input. There goes another few hundred bucks:)

One trip to Squam without it could cost you allot more than 200.00.

On a Lowrance you can set it for safety contoures of a ceratian depth. Blue or white, white being deeper than 30' or the other setting is 15', again white being 15 feet or more. I have found it to be very accurate, except there are a few humps that come up to 32 to 38 feet that are not marked as such, no problem of course if you are not down that deep. What I do is when I find one of those humps I mark it with skull and crossbones, I think got em all that are important marked as such in a couple of weeks

John Sampson
One trip to Squam without it could cost you allot more than 200.00.

On a Lowrance you can set it for safety contoures of a ceratian depth. Blue or white, white being deeper than 30' or the other setting is 15', again white being 15 feet or more. I have found it to be very accurate, except there are a few humps that come up to 32 to 38 feet that are not marked as such, no problem of course if you are not down that deep. What I do is when I find one of those humps I mark it with skull and crossbones, I think got em all that are important marked as such in a couple of weeks

My thoughts exactly John. I really liked squam outside of the fact it is like rolling hills under water. I may return sooner than later once this arrives.

Give me a shout, I'm there most every weekend, sometimes Fridays too, 5:00 AM to noon (+or-) rain or shine, Channel 11.

Big John