Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weekend at Newfound

Decided to spend all weekend at Newfound. Lauching the boat at 5 and taking it off at 7. Had very nice weather and trolled both days until 9:30 am.

On Saturday we got 12 fish - all lakers. On Sunday, we tried new areas in search of Salmon. No luck in that regard, but we did end up with 5 - 2 lakers and 3 bows. The last fish of the weekend was a fantastic bow that was a hair short of 4 lbs. Jumped many times. A great memory for Grampy who kept talking about this fish all day.

Had Adrian (4) on board Sat morning and Liam (7) on board Sunday morning. It was nice to see the sunrise with them.

Sunday we have about 10 paragliders above us doing their thing and it was a beautiful morning. Spent the days swimming, tubing, and bbqing.

Doesn't get much better than this.

Enjoy NH!!!

Chappy.

Re: Weekend at Newfound

I guess the trick is getting there early. We got there around 2 on Sunday and stayed until 6 without a bite. Same this happened last time I went to Newfound. I tried right across from the launch. I was fishing anywhere from 25-40 feet. Glad to hear someone was actching them:)

Chappy, are you trolling for lakers or jigging???
BARRY

Trolling. Not jigging.

Most were 18 inches and fat - a far cry from several years back when they were all 14 inches.