Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squam weekend tubing report

Yep, dropped my boat off today for a new prop and a little skeg work. There goes the few hundred bucks I had been saving for my lowrance and g2 setups. Originally, I blamed the other guy for forcing me wider than normal (but still in bounds, technically) and my own stupidity for not trimming up high enough. Ignorance was bliss; I usually roll with the punches and don't get easily upset. After reading all the background details here however, I'm now f'n pis'd off about the whole thing being poor and/or incompetent management (what a surprise, not). I read in yesterday's Concord paper about some public hearing for Waukewan/Winona. Per the article... something like 70 plus percent of survey participants are in favor of higher (traditional normal?) water levels there. The opposition was complaining about some floods in 2008 that could not be anticipated and managed appropriately? Something to that effect.. Anyway, I know you can't please everyone all the time but enough is enough, this issue is way out of balance at Squam right now. End of rant. (thanks for listening, I feel better now).

Send DES the Bill. They should be responceable if nothing was posted that they were drawing down the lake.

I'm not sure they are drawing down the lake yet or if it is only the summer heat evaporation.
I did argue with DES last year about the draw down, but to no avail. As John said, they do what they want regardless of their guideline.

I do beleive the lake is very very low, but I have seen it lower, and we may get there before October!!!!

Louis

Lou my boat wont stay on the dock it keeps pulling away towards the little lake, hasn't all summer til recently, so I'm only assumimhg they are drawing it down.

I think SLA might have a slight chance at reasoning with them, accoding to DES it's done for the benefit of all property owners to fix/repair the beaches.

I realy thought they would leave it as is for the summer with the dry conditions, but

Big John

I still think they should be responceable for people"s safety. Its there job to monitor the lake level"s. And its still summer.At lease warn people of the lake levels.

triple D
I still think they should be responceable for people"s safety. Its there job to monitor the lake level"s. And its still summer.At lease warn people of the lake levels.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE, MAYBE WE CAN GET SOME HELP.

Big John