Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Storage

Less is best....K100 or startron that is capable of reversing phase seperaton of the ethanol in the gas.In its seperated form 2 stroke oil will not bind to it causing unlubricated engines(bad,bad,bad)....ethanol is a solvent and absolutely distroys fuel lines and unsuitable storage containers that dissolve when used with it like most boat gas tanks used in the 80's.Corn gas is crappy fuel in the 10% form and will only be worse in the 15% form.anyone that has experienced fuel system problems like disolved fuel filters and lines plugged injectors or carburaters is most likely a victem of corn gas.Corn gas produces less energy when burned in the cylinder and cost more to make.....no wonder i'm so confused.polebreaker

Last year (my first year with ethanol gas in the boat) I stored as close to empty as I could and used Stabilizer. With a metal tank I was rethinking this because of condensation. My mechanic say's empty irregardless so I typically rely on his opinion but I have seen other marina's contradict this approach this year. Supposedly a little in there cuase havoc as the ethanol will separate from the gas settling on the bottom and be the first thing sucked into the engine in Spring. Mine is a 190 hsp I/O and I fog it and pull the plugs putting some fog oil in there too. It is just so odd there is no consensus on this. 5 guys say full and 4 say empty.

condensation in a properly vented system is nothing compared with the e-10 fuel....old school non ethanol fuel as full as possible....new e-10 fuel....less fuel less possible seperation and don't be afraid of putting in to much k100....more the better....Gus(gray ghost)had posted in the past an interesting article on e10 fuel and the tests done with the different stabalizers by an independant lab.It is a very good read if you can still find it.polebreaker

Found it....punch in e-10 fuel in the search box and go down to gray ghost post from march 16,2008 at 12:54 pm....it tells you everything you could possibly want to know about this....thanks again Gus...polebreaker

Thanks. I recall reading those. I didnt know the search engine would go that far back.