Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LCI Fathers Day Tourney

Wife is giving me a nice 50th b-day present this spring. Going to fish the tourney with 7 other guys. Does anyone know of a good place to stay that's, on the water, and can accommodate 2-3 boats and 8 guys?
Thanks, JoeG

Re: LCI Fathers Day Tourney

Joe,

http://www.cozycottagesvt.com/

I did not stay here last year but it was my 2nd choice. I believe Ryan B. stayed there so hopefully he could help you out. The good thing about this place is you can get to both the NY side and the vermont side from the water with out going around the island, (go through the gut). The place is located in the "Gut" (I think thats what they call that bay). It is protected from the real rough stuff, so you don't need to worry to much about your boat bouncing around at the dock overnite and it is also very close to Apple Island derby headquarters.

Dito..... We did stay there this years LCI. It was very convenient for access to the lake. Comfortable. Good local tackle shops ( critical for addicts) Docks available, boat ramp on site and the weather channel comes in crystal clear !! Hey Joe ! Tuned up the 10" ice auger for some winter trolling....Thanks again !

Thanks guys. My invite to ice fish ossipee still stands. Please come. Browns, bows, whites, yellows, picks, and an occasional laker can all come out of the same hole. Like a box of chocolates out there.

Joe,
If you need any info give me a call or email ryan@cornersmg.com

Ryan, been over to Powder Mill lately, I've been thinking of taking a ride there some day to see how the Salmon are progressing. The new guy seemed pretty cocky that he could "give them whatever they wanted" in his own words, I hope he has good reason to be that confident, lol. He had allot of changes planned, automatic feeders, more lighting for a longer length of day, etc. all excellent ideas for any plant or animal husbandry, not sure if any changes mentioned were implimented ?

Strange, we have not seen a yearling Salmon in Squam since May and only 3 up to that point, I've heard of a couple (2) maybe caught in August/September. I'm sure they are still in there, just hiding real well in the coves or shallower warmer water, etc.

Big John

John
If you are talking about {"The new guy seemed pretty cocky that he could "give them whatever they wanted" in his own words"} from last fall or winter? I was at Powder Mill a month or so ago and was told by an employee that, that guy had been replaced twice since last fall. Read in to it what you want :)
Joe G, sorry to hijack your post. Wish I could help you. I know you will have a great time. Champ is a great fishery!
Richard

Re:Powdermill fish hatchery

Its called budget cuts. This state government. Will take money from anywhere to balance the budget. And fish and game is always the first to get hit.We have lost the funds to have access to sunapee. To balance the state budget what will be next.

Re: Re:Powdermill fish hatchery

triple D
Its called budget cuts. This state government. Will take money from anywhere to balance the budget. And fish and game is always the first to get hit.We have lost the funds to have access to sunapee. To balance the state budget what will be next.

Well someone has to run the place, job comes with a house across from the hatchery too. Not sure if it's mandatory to live thgere but if it is, maybe folks don't like living on site ? I never thought about that before, to pull up and move to your job, maybe people didn't like that part and requested a move ??

Fishrod
John
If you are talking about {"The new guy seemed pretty cocky that he could "give them whatever they wanted" in his own words"} from last fall or winter? I was at Powder Mill a month or so ago and was told by an employee that, that guy had been replaced twice since last fall. Read in to it what you want :)
Joe G, sorry to hijack your post. Wish I could help you. I know you will have a great time. Champ is a great fishery!
Richard

Ditto Joe G,

Ha,ha, I guess I'm not surprised, he must have got under too many peoples skin, but I was told he did a great jib at Milfor hatchery ????? I wonder why, I'll have to ask a few peopole I know and see what I can find out, but I doubt they will say much. At any rate I will be going there before the snow flys.

Joe G, our earlier olan that did not happen, will be great in the Spring, lets plan on it.

Big John

Thanks John,

I kept reading how slow the fishing was at Squam, so I waited until it was nearing sept 30th. Turns out that Jake took a tumble down the stairs and also thought he caught Lyme disease for the second time. He's fine now. I'll see you in the spring. Thanks again for the offer. JoeG