Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Get well wishes

Forry is recovering from a serious back issue, they are trying to fix with Cortisone shots over surgery, but the shots are more painfull than the origonal problem, but should help. He has a bad knee and has been putting off surgery and this is maybe what caused the spine issue, walking sideways for a year or more.

I had a bad kneee myself and was scheduled for surgery last January, doctor gave me a shot before I left for Florida. When I came back he asked hpow it was and I tild him fine, he recomended cancelling the surgery and said it may be fixed. I had my doubts but here I am allmost 10 months later and it's still great, lets hope the shoits do it for Forry's back.

Rus Johnson had an allergic re-action to Shrimp on my boat the last day of the season, scared the s--- out of us all,we thiuyght possible stroke, similar symptoms. It happend as we were tying the boat off, unloading, etc. we rushed him to Holderness Fire Dept, they checked him out and transfered him to Plymouth Hospital just in the nick oif time.HAd e been a few minuets later they would have had to do a trachiotomy (spelling ?) his tounge was swollen so much it was cutting off his breathing, etc. It turned out to be just that, reaction to shrimp. They kept him overnight as a pre-caution and recomended some follow up allergy testing etc. He's in San Diego now partying it up at some re-union, doing fine.

I hope everyone else has a good/healthy winter, I wont be posting much as I don't hunt or ice fish. I will post now and then if it's something I can relate to and can contribute to.

We had a good season, typical Squam, not many fish but a few nice ones. Had some nice photos to put on the bragging board but decided not to, I figure they will be on face book or somewhere soon anyhow. Nothing is sacred anymore with all this cyber crap, face book,twitter and whatever else is out there showing everyone's laundry, dirty, clean or otherwise, ugh.

We did meet several new great guys that we had on The Barge fishing, so at least the web site continues to bring folks together.

Big John

Re: Get well wishes

Been off my feet for the past couple days myself - had my first colonoscopy yesterday. Didn't even get a kiss, LOL. On the mend now, results look good, and other than a bunch of gas / cramping, I'm almost there...

Best wishes to Forry and Russ, hope all ends well!

L

I have been at DHMC with Diverticulitis since Monday. I was going home later today but pain resurfaced when I ate my first food since Monday noon - Saltine crackers - 2 of them
Hopi ng to get out tomorrow. Big John, is Forrie at DHMC? I might go find him on one of my walks.
Throbbin Rods

Forry is out, he was at the old Hale Hospital in Haverhill. He is back at it doing lite work wiring switches and outlets, and doing his therapy. He is still sore and a little slow getting around but he is driving. I think he has mellowed a bit, he has been very pleasant! Good to see him back on his feet.

Hoping the best for you, Forry did not eat either for 4 or 5 days. He has been shedding pounds on his own diet and doing well with it

ilucas
Forry is out, he was at the old Hale Hospital in Haverhill. He is back at it doing lite work wiring switches and outlets, and doing his therapy. He is still sore and a little slow getting around but he is driving. I think he has mellowed a bit, he has been very pleasant! Good to see him back on his feet.

Hoping the best for you, Forry did not eat either for 4 or 5 days. He has been shedding pounds on his own diet and doing well with it

Hang in there Bill, give me a call when your feeling better and home.

Forry must have mellowed, he even told me it's time for him to shed a few pounds, from the Pour On the Fat King, that was a mouthful, if it had loads of fat Forry wanted double portions.. I'd bust his cookies and he'd say "I like my vitles, I don't care". So he must have seen the light, they say 10 pounds of weight loss is like 20 or more pounds off your knees and I think they feel is bad knee led to his back problems.

Now enough of the "pot calling the kettle black", I start weight loss/exersise program next week under doctors supervision, probably with oxygen, 3 days a week, in addition to seeing a nutritionist.

Big John

Good luck with it John.