Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moose Hunt story and pics

This year I happened to finally get the chance and opportunity to hunt the big ole Moose, it also happened to be the summer that they decided to do my Double total knee replacement which didn't leave me a whole lot of time to do much scouting. Thanks to Craig taking time out of his busy schedule he showed me some Awesome spots that produced our Moose on Saturday morning around 11a.m. First spot we went to was on a huge powerline at a recent logging site, wind was blowing around 50mph I thought LOL and only had to chase my hat 3 times, though we didn't see any moose, Dad saw a nice size Bear come down onto the powerline but didn't realize the season was still open so he didn't shoot it LOL. Off to the next spot where Craig had told us at supper on Friday night that he had seen a nice cow and calf while walking through the area bear hunting in the late afternoon. Just as we got to the spot where he had seen them the day before BAM BAM and my Dad hears the guys yell " I GOT EM, and he's a BIG ONE" Ughhhhhhhhhh Yup just our luck LMAO Oh well off to the next spot on a big old beaver bog, just as we pull up see a nice size cow sitting in the Bog feeding, she just wouldn't come up onto the land, so when she was about 10' away from land I told Dad "Go ahead take the shot" He fired the first shot and then we both put one into her to put her down. Only problem was she dropped in the bog Crap one of us is getting wet, Right after we shot her, Craig and his brother showed up to see if we had gotten her, Thanks to Craig's brother (who volunteered to go swimming Brrrrrrrrrrr) we got her to the edge of the bog. Sent Dad back to the motel to get the mini skidder, drove it down the skidder trail that was next to the bog and winched her out. All in all it was a very Memorable hunt that I got to enjoy with my Dad and a Great memory that will be with me forever, also had a great friend and his brother who helped us out so much it will never be forgotten, if not for Craig and his Brother we would probably just be getting her out of the woods now. I'll put up a few pics now as the rest are still uploading, and then I'll put some more up later. I will keep out the x-rated underwear swimming pics though LMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave (Who had one of the best/funnest weekends of his life!!!!!!) Legs are pretty sore though LMAO
Dad and I
Photobucket

Another

Photobucket

Big Girl hanging at Butchers
Photobucket

Official State Scale reading of 520 Pounds
Photobucket

The man I've always looked up to in my life, me and the biologist playing Dentist behind us
Photobucket

Where she laid at the edge of the bog after getting her out of the bog
Photobucket

Dad doing the fun job LOL (Double knee replacement I can't kneel, Sorry Dad LMAO)
Photobucket

These things sure have a HUGE paunch compared to a deer WOW
Photobucket

Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Re: Moose Hunt story and pics

Very nice and great pictures. Bag

Dave thanks for sharing. The kids mother had that luckey penny she took form your truck with her this week-end & she saw a bobcat from her tree stand. TnT W-Fat

Dave and Dave's Dad,

Congrats!!! Thanks for the story and pictures, it brought back all the emotions of our successful moose hunt a couple of years ago!!

You two have an incredible memory for the rest of your lives!!

Nice Work!

Great job Dave and nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats Dave !! Now you and the family have some great eatin! Cal P.

Congrats dave!! my dad and i are on our way back from wyoming now. there were four of us with 30 tags and filled all but 2 of them! never shot a moose before but killed 6 antelope, a 4x6 non typical mule deer and a 750lb cow elk this week....were gonna have to swap some meat!!! again congrats man it couldnt happen to a better guy!! Lata Roofy

Congrats to you as well Roof Rafta, Would swap a couple moose steaks for a couple elk steaks any day of the week LOL Enjoy your trip home. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Hey Pat
Sounds like a trip of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats.
Richard