Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: im a wreck

I'm so sorry...I lost my best friend of 14 years this week. It took me 3 days to take his food bowl off the floor. It is amazing how much a dog becomes part of the family. My wife and I will say a prayer for your little guy.

Andrew

every little creeek in the floor i look for him

My most recent black lab has been gone for 4 years. His picture still sits front and center, with the kids, in the living room. My thoughts are with you and your family. Good luck

Sorry to hear the news. Keep your chin up an hope for the best.
Like John S. when we lost our last one we decided we did not want to go through that again. It is tough!

Truly wishing you the best!

Hey Fishlessman, my radio buddy from my favorite lake. I also had a dog that I lost to kidney failure same as your dog came on without any type of warning. The only thing I could get my dog to eat was Hamburg mixed with boil in a bag rice (my vet told me to give her this) Hope it works out and she gets better Been there twice and I know it's coming within the next year or so with the beagle I have now and it bugs the crap out of me. Will be thinking of ya and keeping you and your pup in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

after a week without food got him to eat some steak yesterday, fired up some more today and had to force him to eat it. my last dog died of kidney failure but he was 18, knew it was coming, this one is just turning 10 on thursday, way too soon.meds he is on also suppresses appetite which may be doubleing the eating problem. going to have to make the decision one way or the other within the next few days. kidney failure, glomerulonephritis, and blood pressure 100 percent higher than normal, came on like someone flicking a switch

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, I've had to make that decision twice in my life so far, and it is not an easy decision to make, The only good thing is knowing that we have given our beloved animal one more action of love but helping to end their suffering. Thinking of ya buddy, Take Care God Bless LOL Dave P.S. The hamburg and rice can be given to the dog warm but not directly off of the stove after being cooked