Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Duck Hunting

Yup, we saw a couple of mallards like that, big old canadian red leggers twice the size of any other mallard we shot, just crazy looking to say the least.

We have all been experimantying with different shot this season and all seem to do the trick on birds over the decoys.

We have used black cloud, plain old winchester expert, i love the new remington HyperSonic steel. 3.5in BB's at 1700 fps is pretty deadly on a duck. bought some more black cloud today, 3.5in #2 with 1.5 ounces of shot at 1500 fps, no more holes in the pattern, thats hundreads of pellets just smashing them. (good or bad not sure yet???)

I have to say i like the bb's but there are holes in the pattern with them out around 30 yards unless you are shooting a full choke. not many feather puffs with a BB load, if hit, they go down. anxious to try the black clouds i bought, im up in canada now for x-mas and going to pound some blacks and seas ducks 4 black a day limit up here.

hi yoadrien
what are you doing with the feathers. I take all you get of the mail mallard.
jim

hi yoadrien
what are you doing with the feathers arrien.
Iwould take all mail mallard feathers if you would save them for me jim

kind of late now but if i get a few at the coast next week i will save them for you.