Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3-28-11 charter report

Had a crew from NYC today and it was a windy one. We hid behind an island and made it quite nice out. we started late and ended early. wemanaged to ice 6 lakers 2 whites 2 smallies and a cusk, a couple jiggin, rest on traps. All the lake trout were 20-24 inches today and that was nice to see. we ate a couple whites on the lake for lunch. Ice is still super good, better now that it was 2 weeks ago ithas hardened back up and is just great for walking. I didn't run any trips last week because of the farm season creeping up on me not for lack of ice. Theres still time and ice for another trip ot.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: 3-28-11 charter report

YOAdrien
Had a crew from NYC today and it was a windy one. We hid behind an island and made it quite nice out. we started late and ended early. wemanaged to ice 6 lakers 2 whites 2 smallies and a cusk, a couple jiggin, rest on traps. All the lake trout were 20-24 inches today and that was nice to see. we ate a couple whites on the lake for lunch. Ice is still super good, better now that it was 2 weeks ago ithas hardened back up and is just great for walking. I didn't run any trips last week because of the farm season creeping up on me not for lack of ice. Theres still time and ice for another trip ot.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I waited all season to ask, but todays photos I can see those little orange thingy's real good, what are they for, some sort of safety thing I assume. I noticed just about all yiur clients have used them all winter.

Big John

John
You are correct! Those are ice pics, in case one goes through the ice. If they are around your neck, they pull apart easily (I put vaseline on my pics) and are easily accessible. Adrien, awesome pic of the nice Togue, in front of the "flag"!
Richard

Fishrod
John
You are correct! Those are ice pics, in case one goes through the ice. If they are around your neck, they pull apart easily (I put vaseline on my pics) and are easily accessible. Adrien, awesome pic of the nice Togue, in front of the "flag"!
Richard

Thanks Richard, I had a feeling they were a safety device, good idea giving them out to his clients,not being an ice fishing guy, I had no clue. Great idea for all that ice fish.

Big John