Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
newfound lake

I still see newfound listed as managed for salmon even though nothing has been done towards that end for years. yes, they take lake trout eggs from it and stock a few rainbows, but salmon? never. It used to be great for salmon and was the first lake stocked with them. what gives? the smelt are back. Is it to be a rainbow lake? Does anyone know if there are plans for it? Lance

Re: newfound lake

Good post, I hope someone can contribute, Used to love to fish that lake plus it has a great ramp and parking. Stoped catching salmon there 3 or 4 years ago.

ilucas
Good post, I hope someone can contribute, Used to love to fish that lake plus it has a great ramp and parking. Stoped catching salmon there 3 or 4 years ago.

I'm pretty sure they still stock Salmon there every year, call Fish and Game Bilogist, it is public record, ask for John Viar or Don Miller. Viar may be hard to reach this week as he will be at the hatchery most of the week.

They will tell you how many, etc.

Also go to the big Salmon Pledge meeting (this week I believe) and get it straight from the boss, Steve Perry.

Big John

NEWFOUND LAKE BRISTOL LLS 1+YR 2,916 302

From 2010 F&G Stocking Report. 2,916 landlocked salmon.
Cal

thanks. glad to see something being done with this former great fishery.the rainbows seem to be doing well and there is always the potential for a monster lake trout.

lance
thanks. glad to see something being done with this former great fishery.the rainbows seem to be doing well and there is always the potential for a monster lake trout.

Those monster Lakers could have allot to do with the lack of Salmon the Salmon stocked the past 3 years were no more than bite size, allthough last years were allot better.