Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone selling an EZ Steer 27" Outboard to Outboard

Scott, I have the one I had on my old boat, but it's in my boat. Should be able to get to it soon though. I think it's that size. You would just have to get the hardware to mount it. EZ Steer is very good to do business with.

Salty

I use this same system. This may be an option: buy the kit and you change the 'arm' to a piece of threaded rod or solid rod if you have a die and can thread the ends yourself. If you use the threaded rod, you will want to insert it in a piece of plastic flexible tubing as the threads can be sharp.

Dave C.

I have what you need. EZ-10002Std. (23" - 36")with brackets and also have installation instruction. Great condition.......changed to a smaller boat. I'd like $75.00. RSVP to e-mail address.

Thanks everyone for the responses....I just got off the phone with MarineTech...apparently the one Salty has and the one you are offering Vince is too small for what I need. I need the model 004, both of you had the 002. UGH!!! would of much rather bought it from one of you guys that didnt need it. I also looked into the Panther model...that is only 24" as well, you can cut it shorter, but they dont have it any longer....

Im gonna be picking up my boat today and im gonna confirm that 27" space....MAYBE moving the bracket 3" over will be worth it but im sure the holes that are now in my hull wont disappear magically.

thank you all again!!
-Scott

Just make an adapter to make up the distance your short. Nothing says it has to be mounted exactly like it comes. I had to make a couple adapter plates to mount to my motors in order to use the rod set up. Works fine. As one guy suggested buy a longer rod and thread the ends. Problem is the end pieces have a very fine thread so your likely not going to find a threaded rod with fine threads in just any hardware store. As for threading the ends yourself you'll likely have to hunt down a die to cut the threads as well. Nice to have friends in a machine shop.

Spike

Ive got a machine shop right here in my office! LOL

OK I guess I just need to grab the one from vince or Salty and see what I can do with it. Better than spending $250+

thanks guys!!!

I just need to see it in person to figure out what I need to do.

-Scott

i got the fine treaded rod at napa when i made one last year i think it was 5.00 for 3 feet of rod

Does anyone have any pictures of their setups with these threaded rods, Id love to see what it looks like. You could email them to me if you did, scott.delibac@gmail.com

Thanks!
-Scott