Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where to launch & park in Alton

All Great site and community. Hoping to launch [and part] in Alton after work on Fri to take my 10 yr old son out for the evening. I know there is a nice ramp on the west side, but not sure of parking regulations and alternatives? Thanks in advance for any insights!

Re: Where to launch & park in Alton

West Alton Marina is a great spot! Good people!

That is where I launch when I fish the south end. I think it is $20 and there is plenty of parking!

-Cody
Kool-Aid Charters

Re: Where to launch & park in Alton

If you want to launch for free and don't mind doing a bit of work for it you can put in at the Town Ramp at the town docks at the tip of alton bay. You have to put your boat in and then drive about a mile to drop off your trailer at the town DPW garage. Then you can disconnect from your trailer and drive back to the boat launch and park your truck there. When you get back from fishing you do it all in reverse. It is kind of a pain but it is free. There is a map at the launch that shows you were to put your trailer. The town garage is on Letter S road. Probably takes an extra 10 minutes at launch and an extra 10 minutes to retrieve. There is also another little launch at the tip of alton bay just before the bridge. Don't know the name of it but they charge $20 or $25 to launch. West Alton Marina is a good place also but like cody said it is $20.

Other free launch options are:

Meredith Bay. Launch at town docks and park truck and trailer in town lot just past aubochons.

I believe you can also launch and park at the center harbor town docks right now but not 100% sure.