Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2011 Fin clip chart

send it to me it will be up in 5 minutes!

Cool Water

Cool Water
send it to me it will be up in 5 minutes!

Cool Water

OK, I'll look for it, give me a minute.

Barge is in the water thanks to good friends..

As you know sold my truck a year ago figuring I'd never need one as I could borrow my sons anytime. Well now that everyone is working it's been a little tough to get one when I need it, then I get a call from Forry, "heard ya in a bind for a truck, you can use mine as long as you need it if you can have it back so I can go fishing Saturday" What a guy he bailed me out big time, thanks Forry.

Also Asquam Marina worked on The Barge til it was ready to get wet, mostly small stuff, mice ate some wires, one if the batteries was bad, change filters, oil,etc.. I showed up at 9:00 they dropped everything and Jean worked on it 12:30/1:00 and helped me launch it, then came over to the dock picked me up and took me back to the Marina so I could get Forry's truck. No way I could have done all that alone, thanks Jean and the Asquam gang, good people.

Helps to have good fishin buddies, by the way Jean is a manger at Asquam and a fishing buddy too, they got a A+ for service yesterday.

Was going to fish a bit, but as the wind was HOWLING and it was snowing at 1:00, I decided if I could get her on the dock, to call it a day. Wasn't easy with the channel current and wind, but we did get her docked, tied off and came home.

Nit sure when I can get back up to fish, but I like to let the water warm up a bit, some "nice" day next week I hope.

Big John

John that the new boat or old one sounds like the old one well good luck .been up all week staying on winni up in the wolfboro area with my son been windy few days had to stay in fishing has been slow but I'm a rookie. take care Earl

Lineman
John that the new boat or old one sounds like the old one well good luck .been up all week staying on winni up in the wolfboro area with my son been windy few days had to stay in fishing has been slow but I'm a rookie. take care Earl

Would have loved to wet a few streamers when we put the "old" Barge in, but wind, snow and alone, I was lucky to get her on the dock.

Today (Saturday) looks like a tough day, cant fish today, grandaughters recital. In a way not that unhappy, Squam needs to warm up a bit before the bite picks up, it looks yucky out there. Tomorrow is one of those forbidden days Easter Sunday, so next good day I'll be up.

Good luck to all that can get out this weekend.

Big John

John can you post an address for creel surveys?
Thanks BARRY

jusgrinnin
John can you post an address for creel surveys?
Thanks BARRY

Send them to John Viar at John.Viar@wildlife.nh.gov

He will be very happy to get as many creel surveys as possible from Winni especially, most important data needed is how many lines, how many hours, species size and weight (best guess) and if Salmon what year class it is. Hope Travis gets the Fin Clip Chart up ASAP, as Mac and Benny caught some yearlings yesterday and they aint in the lake yet boys. You know they were 2 yr olds, but using the old chart people will think they are yearlings, I'm very dissapointed in you two guys, two very experienced "fin clippers" making such a boo boo.

Hapy Easter

John,
You don't want to come fishing today. It has been snowing for a couple hours. Thinking of going snowmobilling this afternoon.

Louis

John, glad to hear you got The Barge on the dock. But like Louis said your not missing much today. Ground is covered and still snowing hard. Bet alot are on Winni. today though just the same.

The old fisherman
John,
You don't want to come fishing today. It has been snowing for a couple hours. Thinking of going snowmobilling this afternoon.

Louis

From reports I'm reading and hearing, Winni is doing pretty good for ice out fishing, Squam is still tough, haven't heard of a fish boated yet. Going to warm up quite a bit towards next weekend, but I'll be giving it a try the first good day if I can find anyone to get out with.

Need a shakedown cruise.

Big John

We did get about 2 inches of snow yesterday, almost all gone by now. In the 60's today.
Still a lot of ice on Little Squam.
Louis

beautiful spirng day friday - winter saturday boat covered with snow an back to summer today.. crazy !