Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 4/22 report

Niec meeting you yesterday at Center Harbor, Barry.
We fished Squam Friday am. & lost one salmon at boat. What was amazing was I fished Squam before Big John did this year, saw "the barge" idle at dock.
Then decided to fish Center Harbor in afternoon and caught and released a nice fat salmon. What a beautiful clear sunny day with no wind.
We were planning of fishing this morning but woke up to snow and cold so came home.

J.R.
Niec meeting you yesterday at Center Harbor, Barry.
We fished Squam Friday am. & lost one salmon at boat. What was amazing was I fished Squam before Big John did this year, saw "the barge" idle at dock.
Then decided to fish Center Harbor in afternoon and caught and released a nice fat salmon. What a beautiful clear sunny day with no wind.
We were planning of fishing this morning but woke up to snow and cold so came home.

Allot of folks beating me this year, glad to hear you didn't get "Squamed".

Barge is resting and hasn't got "dressed up" yet, hope to get up Wednesday, dress her up and give it a try.

Was Sandwich Bay iced out yet, last Thursday it was still iced in I was told, must be OK by now but water will be COLD, brrrrrrr ? Going to warm up nice by next weekend they say ??

Big John

John, Ice was completely out Friday, a few boats ie. guy with a red Lund Alaskan (you must know him,) the one we lost at boat looked to be about 18"-20" size but no fin clip data.. damm it !

funny you mentioned the cold water because I noted the water being 38-41 degrees at different places in the lake. At those temps, falling overboard is an almost certain death sentence. As I'm standing there in the bow I'm thinking about this and thinking: "would I stand on a 3 foot wide rock precipice with a 1000 foot vertical drop on each side...that fall would be just as deadly for me?"...I moved back to the middle of the boat and took a seat. Gotta be careful this time of year.

You're right Mike looking at a chart the other day at 38 you have 15-20 mins, I bought a float coat from ONYX love it and retains 90% body heat, still need to be careful.
BARRY

A guy almost bit the bullet last year on Squam in a canoe I think, a fisherman heard him yelling and got him out of the water in time. If I remember correctly a couple of guys (maybe only one guy?) did bite the bullet in Center Harbor last spring, right after ice out and I think he was a native..Another very small boat.

BE CAREFUL ALL. Maybe fish with a buddy.

Big John