Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lead core

Does anyoine know who makes the lead core for Cabelas, I have no issues with it but it does seem to be a tad different than previous years, so they might have changed vendors ??? I wonder if it's Suffix, I think it used to be Mason ???

Big John

Re: Lead core

I'm thinking either Suffix or Cortland. They show both those brands on their website. I think you're right about the old stuff being Mason. I never had any issues with the old Cabelas leadcore. It was quality stuff.

Tom (from Michigan)
I'm thinking either Suffix or Cortland. They show both those brands on their website. I think you're right about the old stuff being Mason. I never had any issues with the old Cabelas leadcore. It was quality stuff.

I asked that question based on our conversation the other day Tom. Maybe next time one of us Fishlakewinni guys (or gals) order some from Cabelas we can ask.

I have a feeling it might be Cortland as it is a little hard to strip back at times, something Cortland was famous for. But in either case, I have had no issues with it at all.

Big John

I want to say it looks a little thinner than the old Cabelas lead core. Could be my imagination though? If it's Cortland, it should be fine. I just prefer the lead to be covered by a dacron sheath, not vinyl.

I've heard the Woodstock brand stinks. Anyone try that?

It used to be made by gudebrod, now it is made by woodstock. Buy Western Filament Lead Core. It is made with 99.9% pure lead, it is softer so your lead does not poke through the outer core and the colors don't fade.

tackleman
It used to be made by gudebrod, now it is made by woodstock. Buy Western Filament Lead Core. It is made with 99.9% pure lead, it is softer so your lead does not poke through the outer core and the colors don't fade.

Those were the biggest problem I had with the Cortland, but they have changed things and nice colors, love it but pricey, in a pinch it's my favorite now.

Thanks,

Big John