Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
leadcore set up

hi would like to know the proper set up for where the atractors should be from the bait

Re: leadcore set up

Can you explain more what you are asking? Attractors wouldnt really go on your leadcore?? They would go on your downriggers...I mean sure you could put attractors on your lines, but that would be a lot of weight on your rods and lines.....

Typical leadcore setup is:

Lead Line----Mono Main line-----Leader Material----lure.

-Scott

maybe he means dodgers???

while I'm sure some people run dodgers off their leadcore and have great success at it, I feel there is enough action from the leadcore from the way it oscillates to not require the dodger and if I need flash, I'll run attractors off my DRs. If you do run dodgers, it's usually for flies and the dodger is only a foot or two up the line from the fly. If you run attactors off DRs, the lure should be up and back a couple of feet from the attactractor.

As for the base leadcore setup, the only thing that Scott missed was the backing (I use dacron) put on the reel before the leadcore.

Yakima Bait has a new attractor that works great with a lead core setup. I'v only been out once but I caught 6 of my rod with the attractor and 3 on the plain lead core. That attractor has zero drag. I mean zero. I had the same amount of lead core on each rod and you could not tell which one had the attractor. The only issue with them is that they do not impart any action to the lure. It is not like a dodger or flasher where it gives your lure action. It just gives you flash with zero drag.

tackleman
Yakima Bait has a new attractor that works great with a lead core setup. I'v only been out once but I caught 6 of my rod with the attractor and 3 on the plain lead core. That attractor has zero drag. I mean zero. I had the same amount of lead core on each rod and you could not tell which one had the attractor. The only issue with them is that they do not impart any action to the lure. It is not like a dodger or flasher where it gives your lure action. It just gives you flash with zero drag.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is this what you are talking about??
What size and color were you using????

Gus

yes that is what I was using. I was using the smallest size that they make. I had the most luck with with lure 5 feet from the flasher. Silver was the ticket the last time I went out.

Thanks Tackleman,

Big Al’s Fish Flash

Gus

why not take the hooks off a lure and tie them in front of the fly