Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: G2 planers - are we missing out?

Tried it out on Sat and Sunday, had no trouble keeping the jigging going. I'm using the slow prop, boat speed between 2.4-2.6. Tied in a very short piece of leadcore to just keep the line below the surface. No takers on this setup all weekend, the more I think about it, I think the stacker or ball is the way to go so we can go deeper.

I'm convinced the prop action brings in some lookers, just have to play around more with line length a bit more. Think the key to running straight mono is keeping the speed up. And have to use the cup release of course.

Re: G2 planers - are we missing out?

i dont use them for slow speeds, but 2.4 to 3.5 they work better for me and produce even better than the downriggers, even during the summer months. this was the last week slow trolling with bait for me and all my salmon were on jims jigger with golden shiners fishing slow. last year i saw salmon biting the orange jigger clip, i roll cast out a streamer and immediatly had three salmon chasing and fighting for it right next to the boat, only happened once but it was heart pumping to watch