Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Washington Lure Company

Scott D from Merrimack
Guys,
For those of you who haven't tried these trolling spoons I wanted to pass on the link to their site and to tell you that these things worked GREAT for me last weekend. Out of the close to 50 fish we boated at least 25 were caught on these lures. I have no affiliation with them or anything like that, matter of fact I think it was someone on this site last year that recommended them and I bought some spoons to try out. The prices are great and they really caught a lot of fish for me.

So just wanted to let you all know in case any of you are looking for some new spoons.

-Scott

Which one performed the best Scott??

The Nickel and Copper flutter spoons were about a tie, also used the "hunter" and got quite a few.

Scott, remember the homemade lures I brought last year (or the year before?) and we caught a bunch of fish early spring on your boat? Same spoon blanks as they are selling. I wanna say I paid close to a dollar each for the blanks, so 1.50 for a hooked lure is not a bad deal at all. They really are good spoons. I made a bunch of the casting lures too and have good luck with them in the rivers for ice-out salmon. Been using them for about four years... so I can attest they are proven catchers.

i bought a big box of them this winter, for the price i couldnt pass on them. havent tried them yet, but what speed works best with them, will they work between 2.2 and 2.6, thats my prefered speed

I just ordered 5 or 6 of them to try out they look pretty good and you can't beat the price.

Rainbows love em!!!
BARRY

fishlessman
i bought a big box of them this winter, for the price i couldnt pass on them. havent tried them yet, but what speed works best with them, will they work between 2.2 and 2.6, thats my prefered speed

I used them from 1.7-2.5 and worked fine at all the speeds. They have great action in the water.

Scott D fromn Merrimack
fishlessman

I used them from 1.7-2.5 and worked fine at all the speeds. They have great action in the water.

good to know, i get plagued with togue if i go too slow. will be trying them all next week

fishlessman
Scott D fromn Merrimack
fishlessman

good to know, i get plagued with togue if i go too slow. will be trying them all next week

You want to be going 2.5 or better where you will be fishing.... Hard not to be plagued with togue on that lake...

MARKT
fishlessman
Scott D fromn Merrimack
fishlessman

You want to be going 2.5 or better where you will be fishing.... Hard not to be plagued with togue on that lake...

they really need to start making lures again that work well at 3.5 to mix in with streamers, the newer speedies dont work as well as they used to at high speeds. ive got a couple old ottergets that go fast but they are so hard to find i dont want to lose them. the togue are getting bigger though and more numerous, they should start thinking about dropping the slot limit to get more going after them

Mike, I thght DB's were OK fast ???

Last weekend not getting our usual "multiple" (there's that word again) Salmon, I tried running a few spoons along side of my streamers at my preffered speed of 2.5 to 3, to see if I could improve the bite. I had a fish on instantly, then another one, both on the same spoon, then the rods with streamers started to hit too, same speed, I ran a mix of spoons and streamers for 3 days and had similar results.

So I ended each day with "multiple" (2 or 3) Salmon (again) unfortunately all 2 yr olds and 1 runt 4 yr old. Older Salmon are near non-existant except for a few left over from 2007 stocking. With a healthy batch of 2's now shpowing and decent size (9 to a lb) yearlings added Squam should make decent come back in time.

Now with the new yearlings in the pond, I may have to go back to 100% Streamers til they find the bugs.

I seldom go over 3 mph unless by accident, but it dont bother me at all to go tha fast, we can cover allot more of the lake in considerably less time using streamers.

By the way Mike, I took your advice as well as a few others and sold my boat dent in the Pontoon and all, new owner wasn't bothered by the small dent at all. When I told him how much it might cost to fix it, he thought he would pass on that.

Have a great weekend,

Big John

john sampson
Mike, I thght DB's were OK fast ???

Last weekend not getting our usual "multiple" (there's that word again) Salmon, I tried running a few spoons at my preffered speed of 2.5 to 3, to see if I could improve the bite. I had a fish on instantly, then another one, both on the same spoon, then the rods with streamers started to hit too, same speed, I ran a mix for 3 days and had similar results.

So I ended each day with "multiple" Salmon again, unfortunately all 2 yr olds and 1 runt 4 yr old. Older Salmon are near non-existant except for a few left over from 2007 stocking. With a healkthy batch of 2's now shpowing and decent size (9 to a lb) yearlings added Squam should make decent come back in time.

Now with the new yearlings in the pond, I may have to go back to 100% Streamers til they find the bugs.

I seldom go over 3 mph unless by accident, but it dont bother me at all to go tha fast, we can cover allot more of the lake in considerably less time using streamers.

By the way Mike, I took your advice as well as a few others and sold my boat dent in the Pontoon and all, new owner wasn't bothered by the small dent at all. When I told him how much it might cost to fix it, he thought he would pass on that.

Have a great weekend,

Big John

they seem to look ok at fast speeds, may try using bigger hooks this year when the speed picks up, i lose alot going fast with them. i like to size the lure up and buck the trend when yoy's come up, some bigger fast lures would be good. anybody that looked at that boat wasnt going to worry about a small dent under the water line, too nice a boat

I used to use 8's on the DB's and Guide Specials, but lost allot of bites too, now I use 6'son all my spoons. It's really been a long time since I used spoons allot though.

We probably wont use them for quite a while now as we want to stay away from the small Bows and Salmon now, I prefer streamers anyhow, less fish but maybe bigger.

Have a nice weekend,

Big John

Yeah Jon; I'll get in trouble this time.
I find if I go slow = more multiples out of the kids mother. Tnt w-fat

W-fat you always make me LMAO!!!
BARRY

W-Fat
Yeah Jon; I'll get in trouble this time.
I find if I go slow = more multiples out of the kids mother. Tnt w-fat

Chris, you are bad, but funny.

Did you buy the wife a new truck ??? I pulled the trigger on an Explorer Limited (used from a neighbor) loaded and mint, mint condition, clean as a whistle. Also auto pilot for the new boat, expensive week, I'm done for now, I think ?

Big John

Just got my new lures in the mail. They look really good and I am looking forward to trying them out.