(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squam Wednesday am

The old fisherman
Tried fishing different locations, to get away from the 2 YO. That is all that we see in Squam. Hopefully most people will put them back in in good condition.
All got off the lure as I got them in the net and back in the water in good condition.
I may have to take up bass fishing to get away from these 2 yo.

Louis

Just got home Lou, stripped the boat and I am now boatless for a week or so.

I hear ya on the 2yr old Salmon, some people just love to catch small Salmon. If they put em back they will be 3+pounds by summers end. But I suppose some people are meat fisherman, if they are legal they dont go back in. I'm talking to F and G about raising the Salmon limit to 18", but I think they have tried it before and it didn't work out ????? I think it might be worth a shot now that there are a few 2 yr olds to re-build the lake on. I'll let you know, even if it's a "special regulation" for Squam only ?

I'll second that - that's what needed !

I agree, that is all we are seeing are 2 YO. But in a month or so, if any are still there, they will be 18 inches.
Louis

Also I seriously doubt that most of the two year old 16 inch salmon will make it to 3 yr. olds at Squam.
Increase harvest size to 18", one salmon or rainbow daily limit, & line reduction are all a must for N.H. salmon lakes.