Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last Saturday's Salt Report

Launched at 7am hit B Rock by 7:30, loaded up the live well with macks by 8 they were everywhere. Went back to MOM and the battle was on, must have been close to 100 boats fishing there. Me and my buddy ended up with 26 keeper's in the 28-34 inch range 6 short's and 5 ldr's. Kept 4 fish over 30 for the table, I was trying to break the 36in mark for a Striper Fest Entry Fish maybe next time. The fishing was insane with double's on almost every drift. It was combat fishing with all those boat's and the big swell's, kept you on guard for sure! Saw Captan Matty & Captan Pat out there with a charter. Hopefully it will be the tuna tango in three weeks when I can get back out there.

Charlie

Re: Last Saturday's Salt Report

Way to go Charlie. Great report.
Good luck with the Blue Fins, next time out.
Richard

Charlie,

Do you have any good recipe's you recommend? We got 2 keepers a month ago in the Merrimack and I froze the fillets in water to prevent freezer burn. I took the red meat off of the fliets as I read somewhere on the internet. Just looking for a good recipe to enjoy the Stripers. I have never eaten Striper before so I am hoping for a good recipe. I like haddock but not real gamey fish. Hoping for a good local recipe.

Thanks.

Chappy.

I don't know any secret cooking recipes. I grill them with salt, lemon pepper, dill weed & olive oil. I don't think there that gamey tasting but I like all fish & shellfish.

Charlie

Awesome.

Just what I was looking for.

I need dill weed and lemon pepper. I will give it a go. Thank you.

striper baked in the oven in a newburg sauce and topped with panko breadcrumbs.....I just had freash caught jeffries ledge haddooooock but this is making me hungry again.polebreaker