Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
late weekend report

Finally got back to winnipesauke for a good weekend of fishing. I was on the water by 5 on sat. morning. Started of with riggers at 32ft and 34 ft. I hooked my first fish about 15 minutes in and the action remained consistent for the rest of the morning. I would say both depths worked equally well. I caught all fish on a small sutton wonderbread and a grey and white honeybee. I managed 3 salmon, 2 rainbows, one lake trout and a white fish. All fish were about average size with nothing to brag about.
Sunday morning I took my father out so we had a four rod spread. Two riggers set at the same depths as sat., one lite bite at 115 ft back and lead core at 6 colors. Same lures as sat with two other honeybee with similar colors. All rods fired throughout the morning totaling 12 fish. Another mix of salmon, bows, lake trout and a beautiful 4 lb smallmouth. I was running at about 1.9 on the gps both days. It was great being able to put my father on the fish. We both had a great time.
Tight lines to all!

Re: late weekend report

Did you get a whitefish or a white perch? Congrats if it was a whitefish because I've never seen one taken in 3 years of reports.

Re: late weekend report

Its possible it was a white perch. It had a distinctive white lateral line on its side. Do u know which that would be?

correction

After the last post I looked up pictures of both the whitefish and white perch. After looking into it I realized I was wrong about my identification, and as much as I hate to admit when I am wrong, it was a white perch.

Re: correction

Can anyone confirm there are still whitefish in Winnipesaukee?

I remember someone on iceshanty.com a few years back got one.

Someone caught one - and fish & game confirmed it - during this years ice derby. You hear of one every year or two. I have never personally seen one out of Winni though.

Guess I won't be adding the whitefish to my species caught list any time soon. Nice report, by the way "fishintime", whitefish or not.