Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wed PM report

While I don't normally fish for salmon in the afternoon, I do like to take opportunity when it arrives. The original plan was to take my youngest (8) but he balked at the "chance" that it might rain so I headed up solo. On the way, I called a buddy who said he'd join me from 6-8 so the plan was for a few solo hours then back to the dock to pickup my partner then back out for a few hours.

The solo portion put me fishing in an area with Travis and AJ. How do you know you are fishing in a good spot? Guides show up and fish in the same area. I was 32 feet down on the downrigger and put out 6 colors of lead and caught 3 fish and had 3 others come unbuttoned quickly before running out of time. No action on the wp fly...they seemed to like he metal today.

I pick up my buddy and had to a closer spot to the ramp due to a nasty storm blowing through the north end of the lake and dark clouds forming over the Belnap range. We could see the lightening show and I don't mess with mother nature so I put out the gear with the warning that I'm not going to tolerate that storm moving our way but it seemed to stay well north. We quickly put doubles in the boat with the big one at 20". We circled back through and both DRs released again but only one fish came to the boat. By the time we had the gear back out, I look up and those clouds over the Belnaps were right on us and the rain came HARD (I'm in an open 16 foot side console). I quick radar check and I see trouble is here to stay so we set a record in packing it in and headed for home leaving some hot fishing behind us.

Great trip. If it wasn't cut short by mother nature, we would have cleaned up where we were. Fun being out though. First time out for salmonids since the Derby. Evertyhing on metal b/t 30 and 40 feet. Only one fish on leadcore. Good to see the guides got some mid-week charters.

Re: Wed PM report

Good Report!

Haha..been out there in the late afternoon early evenings when they come rolling through. Forry and I got caught in a bad one once.....came in so fast, wind was unbelievable. i don't like to mess with mother nature!

ilucas
Good Report!

Haha..been out there in the late afternoon early evenings when they come rolling through. Forry and I got caught in a bad one once.....came in so fast, wind was unbelievable. i don't like to mess with mother nature!

You guys can say what you want. if it is raining with Thunder and lightning and you are in a boat If I didn't have Ilucas on board, I keep fishing. when your time is up it is up. we are not here for long so why let stuff like that bother you. Scardy Cats.

I don'r mind you tempting fate as long as I am not with you. But if you got struck and I was with you then like I have said before....you are on your own because there is no way in he l l that I am giving you artificial resperation....hahaha

ilucas
I don'r mind you tempting fate as long as I am not with you. But if you got struck and I was with you then like I have said before....you are on your own because there is no way in he l l that I am giving you artificial resperation....hahaha

I dodge a bigger fate then getting struck by lightning there.thank goodness for that.LOL
Happy Birthday you ole fart.

What happens if when the guys time is up and he's the pilot of a jumbo jet....he tacks alot of people with him whose time weren't up!!!

BARRY