Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Skijiggers and G2jiggers

Nice to hear from you Paul. Would you be open to discussing First Conn Lake? Never fished there.
I have been thinking about doing a trip. If so,best way to contact you.

Yes Sir- First CT and Francis Lake are both easy access and good salmon fishing. First CT is also very good for Lake trout. On Francis launch at the canpground, plenty of free parking and fish the section from the launch out to the main lake and then up the right side a little. In the fall I have seen many many very large Salmon spawning up the CT river. On First Lake, good public launch with a dock, run up the left side of the lake to about 30' of water approx at the "sandbar" which is the area where the CT river dumps in from Second Lake. I always run tandems and my NewFound Special has been a good producer. Also have action on the Needle smelt and any of the Marvel patterns.
Plenty of places to stay in Pittsburg and the Buck Rub has great food. Very nice trip up to Pittsburg.
Paul

Paul, Thank you very much for the info on 1st Conn lake. More than I expected.
Thanks again,
Ed.

1st is a crazy lake. The river dumps in and makes some crazy currents and temp variations especially earlier in the year. I went a few years ago, and on May 10th they got snow.... caught some beautiful salmon in 1st and several lakers including very large one that went for an LDR. Most people seem to fish the rivers and the lakes tend to be a lot more quiet then there southern brethren.