Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cut2spec

seems paul is up and running again, he needs to do something with those old links. ceedeestreamers.com. was down to one down jigger and found the old school 2003ish jiggers for cheap on ebay and picked up a new quick jig. anyone fishing these anymore, really hammering lakers on them in the other lake right now

Re: cut2spec

All I fish with are G2 jiggers, ski jiggers and Cee Dee streamers. Caught a lot of nice salmon this season. This winter, Paul will be coming out with a new Jigger for the downrigger, the “Fish Jigger”. This jigger not only jigs but also attracts fish. Also this winter, there are a bunch of new single and tandem hook streamers that have been tested and proven this salmon season. Some of the must have will be the “Earl of Sandwich”, “Fall Reign” and others.

good to hear he is back, was getting nervous as my stuff has really gotten beaten up over the years. the quick jig i just bought is only jigging maybe 20/22 inches but seems to produce as well as my 4 foot jigger. definitely need to upgrade some stuff this year. if you talk to him see if he can come up with a decent white perch fly about 3 inches single point, the smelt population has crashed big time in sebago with the alewives and it seems the salmon are feeding on either small white perch or smallmouths thru the summer. the bios are saying white perch but ive never seen a whiteperch in the big bay

Hey Fishless man glad to see your order couple weeks ago.......got me interested and went up to fish with Glen on Sebago Sportfishing Charter. Caught seven salmon mostly on a new pattern you haven't seen yet. Got back into it about a year ago and had a great year in 2020. The quick jig should be doing 33-36" per jig as the cam's are the same we developed in 2011 I think. But check it again when it is dry...count number of prop revs between cam engaging and disengaging should be 9-10 revs and each rev should be taking in 33" or (diameter of spool X 3.14). This quick jig happens 10-11 times per minute at 2.5 - 2.7 mph.
Anyway, about Sebago fishing, Ozzie and I were impressed even though that was first I had learned of the alewives. I will be working some up along the perch like pattern and the alewives' shape and get you some prototypes to try out but realistically not until next spring.
Good to hook up with the old guys!

Paul Dubriske
Hey Fishless man glad to see your order couple weeks ago.......got me interested and went up to fish with Glen on Sebago Sportfishing Charter. Caught seven salmon mostly on a new pattern you haven't seen yet. Got back into it about a year ago and had a great year in 2020. The quick jig should be doing 33-36" per jig as the cam's are the same we developed in 2011 I think. But check it again when it is dry...count number of prop revs between cam engaging and disengaging should be 9-10 revs and each rev should be taking in 33" or (diameter of spool X 3.14). This quick jig happens 10-11 times per minute at 2.5 - 2.7 mph.
Anyway, about Sebago fishing, Ozzie and I were impressed even though that was first I had learned of the alewives. I will be working some up along the perch like pattern and the alewives' shape and get you some prototypes to try out but realistically not until next spring.
Good to hook up with the old guys!
hey paul, been fishing where glen has been a few weeks now, aj's white perch and a hair fly black over purple over orange over white (i can send one over if you want to see whats catching when we are seeing the alewives and white perch, note: ive never seen an adult white perch in the lake). aj's maribou doesnt hold up long with the lakers but still works when it looks like a meatball. about 4 dozen lakers with some descent salmon one morning back 2 weeks ago with just me and dad rerigging 4 rods at a time. i will get a measure on the down jigger and count the revs, i lost the clip and green half ball setup right off the bat and used one of those really old 2000's parachutes with another scotty clip i have. dont think that would have shortened the distance but will check on the measures. glen has been on fire, the other guides i see have not been doing so well. good to see you up and running again with new products on the way.

Glad to hear your father is fishing, Mike. Ya send me that pattern and I will work up something...I was wondering why you said perch. Glen told me you were fishing around him. We hit the salmon at the Dingly Island area seven fish in less than an hour.

How long will you be fishing this year?

I'll send another clip right out to the shop

we plan to pull the boat out around tday but am watching the river temps right now. got slightly iced in last year, dont want to do that again. lake is on fire right now. the biologist has been calling them white perch, they definitely are not alewives getting spit up in the big bay and they have yellow eyes, not red like the bass

I just sent you the clips and a couple prototypes you will have them tomorrow

Fishlessman, Let's see some Sebago trophies, please.. open this website-

https://postimages.org

download image

choose image

copy image

click post to website

paste image to your FLW message board post

I went Sebago couple weeks ago an wind kept me from fishing good spots. Caught several small Landlocks & Lakers (Touge).....
Love seeing the posts, Thanks!!
C23-EA7-D7-4-F44-4953-971-F-8610147-BB4-E1-1-105-c

Capt. Bob
Fishlessman, Let\\\'s see some Sebago trophies, please.. open this website-

https://postimages.org

download image

choose image

copy image

click post to website

paste image to your FLW message board post

I went Sebago couple weeks ago an wind kept me from fishing good spots. Caught several small Landlocks & Lakers (Touge).....
Love seeing the posts, Thanks!!
\\\'C23-EA7-D7-4-F44-4953-971-F-8610147-BB4-E1-1-105-c\\\'
for whatever reason i have not been using the camera much this year, was a very slow start to the year. right now though if you see the diving gulls it gets crazy. this is what ive been seeing the past month or so. might have to open the link, i dont see how to post the pics here

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

Ozzie put multiple 5lbers in his boat this year and really gave a lot of help getting the new fishjigger ready. Wait to you see the video. Maybe Ozzie can send you the YouTube link

I run Paul's products religiously! Ski-Jiggers w/high speed blades at 3mph brought these beauties to my net...
AB75-E6-CC-DB56-45-D9-8961-EDCC73534085

we have the skijiggers out all year as well and jims jiggers when the wind really picks up. i need to update my older skijigger for the updated version, the new ones dont dive like my old one. i really like his newer design, need to get one for the other side this winter/spring. how was the traffic on winni this year, sebago was a ghost town, was almost like it was my own lake this year

W/Covid giving folks more free time, Winni was always busy. W/our crashed Landlocked Salmon program we were mostly fishing for 5 & 6 year old's (YO's). Of course this is great for catching trophy fish, but will be tough as next years fishery will be 6 YO's & 2 YO's. Our fish are being raised at the Nashua Federal Hatchery where controlled temp's are affording much larger 1 YO's to be stocked. I've heard rumors NH F&G are considering increasing amount of 1 YO's to be stocked next spring. After their Smelt survey they've said our Smelt are in excellent shape. My fingers are crossed. Capt. Bob