Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lead line or downriggers?

Which ones are more productive for you at this time of the year?

I am barely setup with two lead lined rods and holders. Now I want more. Thinking of getting 1 or 2 portable downriggers to increase my odds if it really will. Or should I just be more patient with what I have? I am doing better and catching fish but think there is more action to be had that what I am currently seeing.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Lead line or downriggers?

The DR's are the way to go this time of year. Don't stop using the lead but as the thermo sets up you will have better luck with the DR's.
Good Luck!

Re: Re: Lead line or downriggers?

Another thing is it's more fun catching the fish on light tackle.

Re: Re: Re: Lead line or downriggers?

And another thing, if you catch a new stocked Salmon on lead core, you could be dragging it around all day without knowing, guess this can happen on a downrigger line too.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lead line or downriggers?

Here's an idea... call your buddy Slipknot and go out on HIS boat again...LOL

So... the question becomes will we go striper fishing or salmon fishing first???

Email me if you don't have my number anymore. I had yours in my cell phone... but looks like I deleted it somehow.

Happy to hear your girl caught her first salmon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lead line or downriggers?

She caught two and rubbed it in all day too. I was happy for her and nothing like quality time with the kids.

This desire for more tackle is going to make me go broke (or limit the home improvement projects - sshhh, don't tell my wife).

Slipnot, I think we should hit the flats this weekend if you can swing it. 9AM high tide for Saturday and I'll garantee fish on light tackle. Now, can you handle catching 50+ fish (per person) in a 4-5 hour time span? Mostly schoolies but there are some toads mixed in.

I'll email ya tonight.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lead line or downriggers?

Guess what... I'm available EITHER day this weekend. Just name the time and place, I'll be there. Looking forward to the email. Talk to you soon.