Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last week on Winni

Stayed up last week on family vacation, fished Sun thru Friday every morning from dawn to 8:00 with my ten year old son Joey.
Totals for the week were 52 lakers and 26 salmon, biggest fish was an 8 pound laker followed by a 6 and a 5 pounder, biggest salmon was 23" 4lber. We fished Brown's Basin and from Bear across to 5 and 6 mile Islands. Best lures were Sutton 61's, dodgers and a cecil smelt and white Top Guns w/red dots.
We listened to alot of chit chat on the VHF, very entertaining and informative.
Thanks to all on this message board for all the information, it was well taken and helped us in our fishing success.
I hope this info. helps others with their catching.

Dean

Re: Last week on Winni

Fishawk: are you talking about the deep hole off of Browns marina on Meredith Neck and just S. of Bear Is? I tried that hole years ago with nothing to show before I knew anything. Browns has an excellent launch so that would be convenient.

What depths were you fishing and how? Did you start less deep real early and then move deeper as you approached 8 am?

-Eric H.

Re: Re: Last week on Winni

Yes I am, we caught the lakers from 30 to 60 feet and the salmon from 22 to 45 from dawn to quitting time and yes the brighter it got the deeper they went.

Re: Re: Re: Last week on Winni

Thanks Fishawk. I always thought that hole had potential but I've never really fished it again after my early skunks. Sounds like you found some nice sized fish there as well. Great report.

Eric H.