Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Monday fishing report

Jack McGinnis and I fished today around Welch and over to Diamond and Rattlesnake. Boated 13 salmon and a rainbow. Couple of nice salmon caught by Jack. Biggest was 3+. Rest small ones. Top guns, smelt guns and Chev Chase's were working. Time to get away from the rats and invade some of Cool Water's territory!
Oh yeh, Donated another ball to Davy Jones. Started with 6, down to 3. AJ's Bait and tackle is smiling!

Tight lines,

Salty :o(

Re: Monday fishing report

Salty: do you use snubbers in between the ball and 'rigger cable? I got a couple of these green rubber / plastic snubbers from Cabelas and they seem to help keep the rigger ball from getting caught as they flex. (Also a lot easier to handle than rigger line). So far I've dragged and bounced but not lost a ball since using the snubber. Just a thought..

-Eric H.

Re: Re: Monday fishing report

I use those too, like you say allot easier on the hands than the cable.

John S.

Come up to Squam, we need some more of those fancy balls in our underwater stores. Seems like allot of rats or skippers, cling-ons, whatever people call em. Too bad they have to get hooked, but how can you avoid the little suckers. Not getting too many on Squam as long as you stay away from Sandwich, but they are moving into Deephaven lately too.

John S.

The new prop must be working alright, hard to keep a fisherman down. Was this ball donation a bottom hang up or a termination failure?

Re: Re: Monday fishing report

Good thing you're rich, huh Salty... ??? Hehehe

I'm gonna have to start diving in your wake to outfit a couple boats with downrigger gear! LOL

Re: Re: Re: Monday fishing report

The clip on the vertical blades broke. It wasn't the terminater. I'll have to try those snubbers.

Thanks,

Salty