Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lake champlain help

Thanks for the info.Its kinda funny you said to use the bigger stuff sometimes, because the 5.5# brown I caught hit a NK 4-D. I also have some NK 28's.When I first fished champ all I caught on my Winni stuff was perch.I also have 3/8 oz MLW's I use there.
Once i caught a fish thar was about 10' long and was black on top,silver on side it also had some pretty big teeth.Was that a Jack smelt?
Thanks again Adrian.
"IM'IN"

Re: Re: lake champlain help

sounds like a jack smelt to me smelt are mean dudes once they get some size big spikey teeth.

2nd yo-a Also looking North from sand bar. East shore set out aways and look for 80' of water try 60' down with small wobbler white w/dots or small silver hammered williams darte, close to the ball with some flash on the ball. good luck & and post how u did. w-fat

Re: Re: Re: lake champlain help

Thanks again guy's.I will definitely post my results when I get back.
"IM'IN"

Re: Re: Re: Re: lake champlain help

We did well on the Salmon on TG's and DB's but have also had good luck with Hi-Techs in all the normal colors. We bought these at local tackle shops in the area.
We also find that we need to troll faster on Champ, usually as fast as 3 MPH. for Salmon.
Good Luck!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lake champlain help

Where are the good tackel shops up there? I'll be at Grand Isle State Park.The only one I've found is on North Hero Island at the hardware store.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lake champlain help

This site has a list of tackle shops on Champlain, I always go to Datillio’s on Rt 7 a few lights from I-89 on the left side. Has a lot of current fishing stuff in a small place.

http://www.fishingvermont.net/Bait%20shops.htm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lake champlain help

Like some shade of red,orange,or pink on Winni,I find that some shade of blue or green works for me on Champ.but in larger sizes.Also the Molly fly works great on a flat line real early along the breakwater 100yrds out in Burlington.

Re: lake champlain help

Take a look at www.fishingvermont.net click on Vermont links then on tackle shops.

Try www.neoutdoorsman.com just ask you question and you'll answers from the locals.Bob D.runs both sites.

Re: Re: Re: lake champlain help

Exit 14 off 89 going toward water front right next to 89 on left in a little mall outdoor store tackle and stuff. Also on RT 127 mallets bay just across street from the mariners, hardware store with quite a bit of goodies. There used to be a store Nickoles & Dimes exit 7 off 89 couple lights down on left in the mall in Berlin. Also in the area of Dittilos (sp)on rt 7 at the end of 189 You will fine a Olive Garden and TGIF. For the Outback or Applebees their on Dorset St. also outback opens at around 3:00pm. Remember real fishermen don't eat quiche!! w-fat