Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Squam

Thanks Joe, I guess I am down a bit these days, not all fishing, got allot of stuff going at the time, but good fishing sure takes the curse off somnetimes.

Sorry to make my mood so obvious on the board, this is not the place for it.

Hope to have a great report for you all later this weekend.

John S.

Re: Squam

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think the good fishing is Squam is done for a few years. I've seen this 4 or 5 times in the last 25 years. Good fish one year, Great fish the next year, then small fish the year after as the cycle repeats. since they increased the stocking by 1000 fish this year, my expectation would be for lots of 14-15 inch fish next year, 18 inch fish the year after, then a couple of years of plentiful nice fat fish before the cycle repeats itself. It's all in how the state manages the stockings.

They say they're managing the lake for "trophy" fish. That's not a bad thing, and there were some real nice fish caught this year, but personally I'd rather have the enjoyable fishing for decent fish I've had in the past, then a handfull of 4-6 pounders.

In my o

Re: Re: Squam

I hope you (we) are wrong, let's see how nthe rest of the season goes ?????

I'm also sending you an e mail on the subject so as to not bore the others.

John S.
(who's thinking of putting his boat in Winni a few times so he can catch a few Salmon, any size will do about now)

Re: Re: Re: Squam

Hey John, All we have to do is put a couple wheels underneath the pontoons and a big Fan on the back and we can drive it down to Winni LOL We'll just throw the anchor out when we need to stop LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam

I gotcha, great idea.

Might give it whirl Friday, put in a long day, intereted ?????

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam

If your talking Fishing That's a goofy question to ask me LOL I'm always ready and willing to go fishing LOL Bad day fishing is better then a good day of moping around the house mowing the lawns or wishing i was fishing LOL Talk Soon, Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam

I assume that's a yes on Friday fishing, I'll call you a little later today, going to work now, a long day probably.

If you want call me today sometime, I'll be in my truck most of the day 508-277-8899.

By the way, new phone numnber at the camp for you or anyone that might care to contact me there is 603-968-9027, if not there leave a message, or try my cell 508-277-8899, it works fine on the Lake, bit nowhere else, LOL..

John S.