Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: controll king and tiller mount question/ more info on motor bracket

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276&rid=&indexId=cat420001&navAction=push&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat420001&id=0000921

Highlight and copy to the address bar. I have the middle all stainless bracket. I would go with the black one to the right if you get a 4-stroke. the braket I have handles 115 pounds.

Good luck

Charlie

Re: controll king and tiller mount question

Hey Whip, How much you looking to spend on the 9.9 hp There's a guy up here in Berling that's selling one that he's hardly ever used and it's a 4 stroke, Let me know if your interested and I'll go get a price for you????????? Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Re: controll king and tiller mount question

Forgot to mention it's a Honda LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Re: Re: controll king and tiller mount question

Being the cheap-charlie I am ("I make what I can and only buy what I can't.") I made a tiller connector. I used 2 Female Quick-connect "air chucks" & mounted them on a piece of heavy gauge angle aluminum. 1 pointing up and one pointing down at either end. Used two pieces of angle Alum. a large one mounted on the kicker and a small one on the big motor. Then I took 2) 1 1/2" long, 5/16" dia. stainless steel bolts and mounted them to the angles secured with check nuts. Took 2) 5/16" s.s. cap nuts, put them on a piece of all-thread stuck it in an elec. drill chuck, put the drill in a vice (a 'poor man's lathe') turned the drill on & used a mill file to round off the hex portions of the cap nuts, until they would just enter and fit inside the female QC's allowing it to 'snap' closed. I put loctite on the rounded cap nuts & put them on the s.s. bolts.
The connecting angle alum. comes off easily, when I want to run to another part of the big lake using the big motor alone & hey, it works!! (I fixed a piece of 1/8" wire cable to one end of the connector angle alum. & attached the other end to a eye bolt on the boat, so "no matter what happens" it can't join the colection of my tackle on the bottom of Winni by falling off.) A fair amount of work, yes, but easily accomplished in the home workshop & hey...then I used the $$ I saved to buy the trollking, which is absolutely great!!!
No matter if you make one, or buy one, make sure the kicker turns further to each side than the big motor. If the large motor turns say 20 degrees? each way, the kicker needs to turn much more or else she won't "come around" by the power of the kicker alone, when the wind spins ya around! This is why you need a bigger (& longer) piece of angle on the kicker and just a small one on the big motor.
If you're interested in how it looks let me know. I'll get my son to take a pic with his digital camera & send ya a photo, or you can visit "the Tank" here in Hudson. Or, I may be going to up to Newfound mid-week, next week. & we could meet someplace.

All the best,

Gary

Ifs not any trouble get a price. The Honda im looking at here is a 2004 9,9 and its $1895
Thanks
Whip

Re: Re: Re: Re: $$$$$ on Motor

Hey Whip How ya Doing? Gave the guy a call last night it's a 2005 9.9hp honda he just bought last year brand new, He's got this older model small aluminum boat with a trailer he had it on, he's looking to get rid of the whole thing, and he's desperate wants it gone, I'd bet if you offered him $2,000 he'd sell ya the whole shabang!!!!!! If your interested let me know throw me a shout at my email address up top and I'll see what i can do for you. The guy's brother owns the local midas shop so i know him pretty good. Let me know!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman P.S. Great little pond boat and it seems to be in really good shape!!!!!!!!!!

Re: controll king and tiller mount question

Whip,
I have a EZ Steer, outboard to outboard for sale $50, new $200 at Cabela's. E-mail me if interested.
Gus

Re: Re: controll king and tiller mount question

Wow, for $50.00.... that's a fantastic buy. Go for it!

All the Best,

Gary

Thanks so much for all your help. This site is awsome.
Whip