Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone familar w/ Bar Harbor area?

I'm taking the family up to Maine for a week in mid August just past Bar Harbor.(Jonesport to be exact)Just wondering if anyone knows how the Striper and Blues are from the surf? Or am I too far north? I have a house right on the beach so I'm crossing my fingers that I can get into some.

Re: Anyone familar w/ Bar Harbor area?

When you get there you might want to check with Captain Barry Gibson. From what I have heard he knows the area well.

Re: Re: Anyone familar w/ Bar Harbor area?

I used to work up in that area and I never saw anyone striper fishing up there but I'd give it a try..there's some good fly fishing an hour away though..good luck
Dan..
Hey crawfish when we going fishing?

Re: Re: Re: Anyone familar w/ Bar Harbor area?

Re: Barry Gibson works out of Boothbay Harbor not Bar Harbor.

There are stripers to be caught in the Bar Harbor area but it is not known for it's striper fishing. There is good LL salmon 7 brookie fishing @ Eagle Lake, just up the road from Bar Harbor

There is a launch in downtown Boothbay, haven’t been there in 7 or 8 yrs, parking could be problem, my recollection is there is only 1 or 2 parking spots, you should investigate first. A good launch is in Northeast Harbor with parking and toilets, which is the one I used. Good luck.

Thanks for the info guys it's much appriciated.

one hour away from jonesport at west grand lake and grand lake stream fantastic landlocked fishing . lake or stream options good luck