(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
21 hours of sebago fishing

just got back from family vacation on sebago
fished from 4 am to 8 am sun, mon, tues, wed
3 am to 8 am on fri(found out that you can fish 24-7)

sun 1 hit at 30' on 61 gun skunked!

mon, 1 salmon lost after breaking water and throwing
lure, catch and release 1 laker both fish caught on 61 gun rainbow-brown trout cross? at 30'

tues, 3 salmon 2,lakers all fish at 30' w/ exception of 1 laker at 50' dragging cannon ball across shoals.
lost 2 short strikes all fish caught on 61 gun rainbow pattern and 61 gun maroon black dot combo (lost favorite 61 rainbow-brown combo,i was to lazy to get net when landing a salmon, went crazy looking
for that lure at local tackle shops no luck!
all fish released

wed changed all leaders to 8lb maxium chemeleon, 1 missed hit, skunked again!

thurs rain changed all leaders back over to 6lb floro

fri 1 salmon ,1 missed hit' both at 30' both on nh guide db smelt, salmon released

fished alone sun-wed, fished w/freind on fri

tried 20-80' depths all catches and misses on downriggers, leadcore was skunked, used speedy shiners, suttons, db's, top guns, stingers and 61 guns.

Talked to a few fishermen, they were saying it is slow this time of year, most of the locals target the lake trout deep dragging leadcore or cannonballs on sandy shoals

the vacation was great(way to short), the information from Fishlessmen and Yoadrien was right on(thanks guys), especially about the people and info at Jordans store. If anyone is going up to Sebago for the first time you should stop in and talk to Gregg or Carrol Cutting,they are up on colors, depth,location, what ever is working on the lake at the time, THEY WANT YOU TO CATCH FISH! Good coffee too.

I can not wait to try that lake again, I have alot to learn but this site has helped me alot and i am happy I was able to catch some fish. Thanks to all !

back on winni or newfound next week!

ilucas

Re: 21 hours of sebago fishing

welcome back just wanted to thank you for that phone # for my outboard repair they didnt deal with johnsons but the guy I talked to said it was probably water in my carb sure enough i opened the drain on the carb it had alot of gunky watery crap in there.thanks to you I ve been out there fishin instead of going out of my mind on land.thanks again rich

Re: Re: 21 hours of sebago fishing

thats great Rich, I see you did well on newfound. my freind and i like to go there, that launch is excellent(sure would like to see the state put one like that in winni)

Boat ramps.

Me thinks the State cares nore about Winni merchants than the boaters, etc. Allot of revenue is generated for local mechants through boat launching and the publics Lake related needs.

We have an awesome ramp on Squam, previous there were only a couple of Marinas with launching and the state ramp was poor when at it's best, but now it's one of the best in the state. But I doubt Winni will ever get one, besides, it's a very big Lake, where would they put it to be central to most ?????????

My 2 cents.

John s.

Re: Boat ramps.

i have been to the ramp at squam, you are right thats a great ramp also.

ilucas