Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Control King

Does the Control king allow you to change your speed from the control or just return to a set speed. and how much are they. Bill

Re: Control King

Hey, I absolutely love my control king.
You control the speed from the small knob on the control box (which you'll mount on the dash someplace). It's pretty sensitive so you can fiddle with it until you're going the exact speed you want. There are two really nice features, 1) you can hit the idle/run switch when you get a hit and the motor will drop to idle. When you finish with the whole adventure, you flip the switch back to "run" and the motor will resume the same speed that you were going when you got the hit. 2) there's a MFT (Momentary Full Throttle) spring loaded switch that helps you when the wind spins you. When you let off the MFT switch it goes back to the trolling speed you set the knob to.
You can call MAGMA MFG. direct. 1-800-688-8880 (magma@valley-internet.net) They'll send it to your door in about 2-3 days. You just pay the invoice after you get it (& hey, not many companies do that!)
It's easy to install. Can't say enough about it.
Sells for a bit over $200.00, depending on the model you need for your particular engine. (I found it was a bit cheaper to get it direct from Magma rather than thru Cabella's.) Plus, there's someone you can call if you have any questions when you are installing it, which is a plus that you won't get with Cabella's!
There was a series of threads a while back on this site about Controlkings. You might want to go back and check them out.
I put a flat 4 way trailer connection on my kicker (where the wire runs out of the cowl & on to the harness) so I could quickly & easily take the kicker off for trailering.

Any questions- you can email me.

All the best,

Gary