Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake Champlain Report

Sorry it took me this long but Ive been remodeling my kitchen and Ive been working late on it every nite since Sunday.So here it is
Sunday fished first light till 10 started at sand bar st. park and trolled east side ledge going north fished @ 60' in 80'.I checked the H2o temp with my fish hawk an found 54 deg. @ 60'.I caught 5 salmon,4 perch,one fish was 20" the rest were 12"-14".
Mon. Fished the west side of south hero isl. all the way to the gut,caught 2 salmon both small,on my way through the gut I fished for bass & pike hooked into some nice pike biggest was about 5#.
Tues.No am fishing went at 4 pm hooked into a good salmon as soon as I got my lines set. At first I thought I got into a big weed mat but it was pulling back when it got to the surface I got a look at a big tail and then long distance released it.I hooked into this fish between Savage isl & fish bladder isl.on the east shore of those islands over 120' of h20.Fished another hour nothing else. Took my son tubing,bass fishing.
Wed.am fished in front of the islands got 2 nice fish one 20" and one 22" doubled up.The first one came on the bottom release and when I pulled the top rod free it had the 22" salmon on.Nice fat fish.
Thur.Hard wind blowing all day didnt fish at all.I took the fam to burlington for the day.
Fri.Am fished the islands again got 3 small salmon 3 perch.
Sat.am caught 4 salmon 3perch biggest salmon 18".
I fished with a moosalamoo spinner attatched to my downrigger ball and set my lines close, even the line that was stacked.All the fish were taken this way.
The lures that were working for me were sutton 44,DB's in blue/grn,glow/orange,nh guide.NK 4-D in monkey puke &blue/purple.MLW 1/4 oz flo/orange(biggest fish) gold/flo/orange, also top gun cool h2o cruiser which I lost,AJ I'll be bu soon make sure you have some in stock.
Thanks to all of you who replyed to my request for help.
Tight lines to all. "IM'IN"

Re: Lake Champlain Report

Good report im in , hope u had a great vaca sounds like u did, w-fat

Great report, sounds like fun.
Did you find that you had to troll faster to trigger hits on Champ then you do on Winni?

Re: Re: Lake Champlain Report

I fished between 2.5-3 mph (lowrance speedometer},which is a littel faster than normal for what I do at winni 1.9-2.5,but in the summer I always try faster now and again.Sometimes a sudden speed change triggers hits.
And yes I had a great week great weather and I caught a couple nice fish to boot.
Tight lines Im'In.

I fished Champlain last Saturday. First day fishing the big lake since I perched fished it as a kid years ago out of my family's sailboat in Mallett's Bay.

We launched in Shelburne Bay and started marking lakers on the bottom at ~70 feet. Threw our favorite setup at them with no luck. Took a cruise out the mouth of the bay and started targeting salmon. Only picked up two small salmon. One at 40 feet in 120 FOW on a Wonderbread DB Smelt off the downrigger and one at 7 colors on a Wonderbread Top Gun. Also caught a mystery fish that I think was a fallfish but I'm not really sure. It had a forked tale like a salmon, had rainbow colored markings on it's side, but it had no spots and a small round shaped mouth. All fish caught at 2 to 2.5 MPH.

Nest time we take a cruise over that way I'll be launching at the Sand Bar.

hilltopper