Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fri. Fishing Report TOP GUNS RULE!!

Had a great day fishing with Blue Fin and White Cap. On the water about 4:45 am. Started fishing the South side of Welch Island. No fish for about 20 minutes and White Cap is already complaining. Then the rods started popping!! Started off with a triple and a double. Marking all kinds of bait and fish in the 40' to 45' range. Could not set the rods fast enough for a while. During this time we had a couple of mishaps with the bottom and also tangling of lines in the lead core. Had to get out the sissors and hand line a 17" Salmon. By 7:10 we had boated 18 fish. Largest Salmon was a fat 21" 4.24 and a 3.75 20" rainbow. Both of these fish screamed off some line. Largest laker was 20". I hooked a rock and landed it. (very interesting rock about the size of a baseball. After 7 the bait and the fish spread out. Picked away at a few more fish and decided to move about 8:30. Down riggers used too much juice to turn over big engine. A call to Sea Tow Dan and he was there in 10 min. After a run to charge batteries tried Sandy for a while. Not a hit. Moved South and trolled between Diamond and Samoset. Got a few more fish. The best lures were Top Gun Cool water cruiser, hammered copper with red head TG, And the Winni smelt TG. DB smelt green took 4 fish. Ended up with 4 lakers, 2 rainbows and 24 Salmon of which 8 were rats, the rest 17" to 21" 6 of the fish were on lead, (8 to 10 colors) the rest on down riggers from 36 to 54'. (from 6' to 50' off the dr weights.

Didn't mean to write a book here!! (guess I'm too wired)

The RFP's had fun.

Salty :o)

Re: Fri. Fishing Report TOP GUNS RULE!!

Sounds great... love reading these reports. Glad to see the majority were not rats.

Pretty good when you've had to reset the downriggers so much the batteries are weak! That's a good sign of heavy action.

Do they make an add-on alternator for your kicker?

Suppose to be taking a friend of my wife and her husband out on Sunday morning. Trying to talk them into an early start, but sounds like 7am is when they want to go? I'll probably go early and catch some, then go pick them up. Hopefully we can still find some later in the morning as you did.

Re: Re: Fri. Fishing Report TOP GUNS RULE!!

good to see everyone is catching fish lately,I wanted to head up this afternoon but the threat of the heavy wind and lightning put an end to that. do you think fishing in the am they are more active than the pm?

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Fri. Fishing Report TOP GUNS RULE!!

Where did you put in? Ames Farm? W. Alton Marina? I'm looking for a launch that won't cost a week's pay, and isn't mobbed like the Meredith town docks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fri. Fishing Report TOP GUNS RULE!!

ames farm is 20.00

Try the launch at the Libby Museum just passed Wolfeboro. Free and not crowded.

ilucas,
In my opinion the early bite is the best.

thanks salty, it definetly seems that way from all the reports. I'am going to have to skip a couple of days work and head out early. was on winni today w/ the family (swimming) and the boat traffic was crazy. the sand bar at west alton marina was packed by 11 am. thought i saw a few salmon rigs going into the river but i could not get any replies on ch 12

ilucas

Kicker (9.9 Johnson has an alternator) Can't figure out why it wouldn't keep batteries charged???

That's AWESOME Guys!!!

I have had action like that a few times and know the feeling, it doesn't get any better than that i bet you are still smiling, i would be!!

Rainbow, I believe Shep Browns on Meredith Neck is still free? I haven't been there in a while... only thing you'll need to check on is parking.

The only issue I had at shep browns is a dent on the right rear of my truck a couple of years ago [HIT AND RUN OF COURSE] I was ****** of course. I feel ames is worth the 20.00 you can spread out the parking. Hey salty good deal on a great day. Moving around like you did allways seems to put fish in the box!!! My honda 9.9 keeps a good charge on my single batterie but I do not have electric riggers like you do I only run speed and temp, radio, vhf radio, lowrance, sometime GPS.

Charlies charters [charlie]

They started charging $10-15 at Shep Browns a couple years ago but if you launch real early or late there might be no one there to charge you...

Hey Salty,

I see a 6 or 7 pounder in your near future, your hitting them pretty good lately. With those numbers a big one is sure to be among them before the seasons out, if not sooner, keep up the good work.

Glad to hear the RFP is working out for allot of guys, I would love to invite a few guys out on Squam on my boat, but let's not go there, maybe in August ??

John S.