Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Had a fun day...

Unlike the Saltmeister... I had to work hard for my fish today!!! LOL
It was me, my cousin Mike, my friend Josh and my new friend Wayne (from the board here)... We had lines in the water from like 5:30 until 1:30... boated 19 lakers and salmon, a white perch and a couple bass. While that sounds like a decent day, it pales in comparison to what we were hearing from Salty today. But we stuck to our guns and fished our spot as best we could.
We did get a few shorts, but even they are chunking up and fighting pretty good now. Most of the salmon were over 2 lbs with three or four over 3 lbs. I think the biggest was 3 1/2 pounds and it was the first of the day if I remember right. Landed by Wayne. I think he's a big fish magnet, as all the really nice salmon were landed by him today.
Mike was in charge of losing 2 1/2 pounders at the back of the boat... but I must say he did it well. Haha
Caught a couple real nice lakers... one real fat 20" that didn't make it, so he went home with Mike and another 22"er that was released to fight another day.
Most of the fish came on gold/orange... but a few on watermelon and white lures. Fish came from all depths... anywhere from 32 early to 80 at high noon.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I couldn't buy a bite on a fly. Ran flies on leadcore and on riggers. Not a bite. Oh well... I'll figure it out someday.
Was good to meet Forry and Ilucas at the ramp this morning... and nice to chat with everyone on the radio.
Wayne, thanks for coming. It was a pleasure to meet you. Call when you have time to go again.

Re: Had a fun day...

hey slipnot,
good to meet you today also. we also had to work hard for fish today, we only boated 5, tried just about everything except changing location.
you sure do have your boat set up nice

ilucas

Re: Re: Had a fun day...

hey ilucas what area were you fishing? i fished the diamond rattlesnake area thu and really struggled 4 fish in 10 hrs.

Re: Re: Re: Had a fun day...

hey rich,
we thought we saw you out there today at Welch, we were there from 5:15- 11:00 or so. we thought we saw you there when it was raining.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Had a fun day...

no didnt make it up there today after the long day out yesterday ive got some rod ,reel,boat work to do the last thing i did yesterday was spend about 20 minutes hung up on some dr cable off rattlesnake got my dr ball within 5 ft of the surface but that was it finally motored away and the cable came free broke away from the ball i guess didnt lose any of my stuff luckily

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Had a fun day... Thanks! Slipknot

I had an awesome time and learned alot about downriggers and different techniques we discussed. I appreciate you bringing me out! I ended up going out friday night right in front of that place we talked about where I stay. most fish were straight out from the big dock in 45-50 feet. There are alot of fish around there. I managed to put my friend dan onto a nice 3lb rainbow on a db guide 8 colors of lead core at 630pm had another on but lost him. I will post the pics as soon as i get them. I will keep in touch!