Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
vacation report

Had no computer at the camp so this is a late post. I fished winni all week from sunday august 20th to sat august 26. Sunday evening I came up almost empty handed I trolled between welch and sandy and chatted with salmoneer and lunacy they were not doing much either but I managed a white perch (white bikini needlefish) and a smallmouth (smelt gun guide) as I pulled in my lines for the night.

Tuesday morning trolled the back side of rattlesnake and marked a ton of bait off the point near ship island tried all kinds of lures with no success. On the way back I switched up to a watermelon chev chase and got a 22 inch 3.5lb salmon in 55ft at 8 colors. Tuesday evening I trolled the broads in front of lake shore park it was choppy and cloudy I ran a metallic red 61 gun with black dots with a copper back down at 8 colors on the lead in 55ft I managed to pick up a 2 and a 3lb salmon.

Wendsday night I took my brother out and boated a 17 inch salmon off of diamond it was dark and choppy. We picked him up at 8 colors on the same 61 gun. Got 3 hard hits and short releases on a dark reddish purple with black dots smelt gun at 8 colors along rattlesnake.

Thursday night sunny and calm I brought my daughter and her friend out in front of lakeshore park in the broads and picked up a 2.5-3lb salmon on a db guide at 8 colors. It was a sight to be seen my daughter reeled him in while her friend held the pole.

Friday was a marathon fished all day with slipknot "thanks" and then went home and napped. Went out after the rain at 6pm with a friend and got him a nice 3lb rainbow on a db guide at 8 colors the broads in front of LSP at 45-5- feet, saw alot of activity on top as well.

sat, 2 yellow perch on a mepps aglia spinner in the marina with my daughter.

All lures I caught the salmonoids on were sprayed with baitmate live trout scent.

Re: vacation report

Good report. Bet you hated to see vacation end!

Salty

Re: Re: vacation report

Yup, its back to school now. I never found that eagle I heard people talking about on friday.

Re: Re: Re: vacation report

Hey Wayne where are you going to school and for what???? Classes don't start until Sept 5 for me but at least I'll still have my weekends if i finish my studies LOL and possibly a couple of Thursdays and Fridays Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: vacation report

nursing schol nhctc at manchester its 4 days a week and I have to Squeeze in 30 hours of work at 5 days a week I may be able to go ice fishing beteween semesters if im lucky I went twice last year.