Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sat am report

Fished from 545 to about 900am yest morning. One nice salmon (3lbs) and several lakers in the 3+lb size. Have been catching smaller lakers, but the larger ones seemed a lot more common yesterday than previously. The chatter on VHF channel 12 suggested that others were catching more lakers also. The salmon that we caught was quite the jumper with several great tailwalks....When I cleaned the salmon for the smoker, I was surprised to find 22 juvenile white perch in its stomach. These were barely digested and some of them were larger than 2" long. These white perch filled my cupped hand....To think that salmon was that stuffed after a couple hours of heavy feeding and was still trying to choke down a 3" trolling fly!!!!! No favorite lure yest am, salmon caught on bright orange tandem fly on leadcore, lakers at 35-40' on Coolwater Cruiser Top Gun and Red/Black Dot DB.

Re: Sat am report

Salmon Slammer and I managed to boat 8 Lakers, and 4 Salmon Sat. morning. Most caught at 60 ft on the riggers, but did get a couple Lakers out six colors. Had doubles three different times. Largest Laker was 21" and Salmon ranged from 15" to 18". Stopped at 9:00 a.m. due to pleasure boat traffic. Popular lures were green fuzzy DB, NH guide DB, redhead TG, and the butterfly DB was by far the best for the morning. Until next time, best of luck to all.