Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fishing on Newfound

Fished Newfie today with Cody Dodds and his dad, John. Fishing was s-l-o-w. Good guys, new friends, and we will give it another go. Cody got 1 short laker (the only fish of the day) and made a hell of a tackle on one of my Mag 10's as it was going over the side - caught a ball and busted the swivel housing all to pieces. It was busy for a minute there, John ran to the helm and put the boat in neutral, I grabbed the boom while Cody held the body of the rigger. The ball got loose so we hit the switch and up she came. Cody, I don't watch much sports but that is my personal all time favorite tackle!! I had one hit that got loose, brought the lure in to check it and had fish lips on the lure!!!!
Not a great day of catching but a good day of fishing and getting to know folks from the board - later
Throbbin Rods

Re: fishing on Newfound

Sounds like a rough day Bill, "you aint seen nothin yet" you had a walk in the Park. Wait till you read my weekend report, coming later this morning, truly "a day from Hell and a day from heaven at the same time" I think our brother calls it a death walk.

Glad to hear you didn't loose your rigger. As for meeting some nice guys from the message board, there aint a bad one in the bunch, the best people I have met in my entire 63 years have all come from this message board nuf said.

John S.

John S.

Re: Re: fishing on Newfound

fished newfy sun morning alone 2 lines in at 5:30 first fish on at 5:33 small laker then got 2 more small lakers. marking tons of bait and fish but can't make them bite my regular hardware. trolled for 2 hours with nothing then i remember people (rfp's) on the winni board catching them on flies so switched to flies and lead core and wham 21" laker on pumpkin head as soon as i got 4 colors out any way ended the day at 11:00 with 11 fished and 4 ldr. 7 fish on the pumpkin head and 1 on red grey goust 4 rainbows(1 18.5" and the rest were 15 to17") all the lakers were over 20" fishing 4 colors over 40' fow at 2.8 mph will be out their tonight tring it again. channel 69

Re: Re: fishing on Newfound

I totally agree with John's Statement, Great Board Great People And great information on fishing I too have also met many people from the board and have become very good friends with almost all of the people I have met!!!!!!!! Been said a 10000 times But Thanks again for providing this board for us A.J. and Travis!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North